WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
cover3.jpg

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Or stick Adam Webster up top and bring Shane on at the back to flood the box for any set pieces. We are a fabulous, technical side until we get near the box; we really are the equal of most sides outside the top 3 but singularly unable to ****ing pick up the banjo and smack the massive cow’s arse!

Absolutely spot on, with the exception of Trossard who is always a threat in or around the box.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
You are wrong about the first thing the mention, but we've had that discussion before on here and I'm in no mood to have it again.

I hope he is fine, that is all.

I'm not a great fan of Connolly but would much rather see him on that Locadia (although I was really hoping the return of Locadia might amount to more than the giggles). Unfortunately, Maupay and Connolly are equally adept at hitting a ball over the bar when faced with an open goal.

Hopeful they can get in and stay in a goal scoring groove. Nothing better than a player proving you wrong.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I think most people would agree that Maupay had to be pulled. If he’d missed many more sitters, his confidence might have been shot for the rest of the year. They’d have been coaxing him down from the Amex roof!

However, Potter’s formation was slicing through Leeds time and time again. It would have been foolish in the extreme to have fiddled with the set-up and not to have replaced Maupay with a striker. Sadly, we only had one on the bench. It WAS worth the gamble as clearly, whilst Locadia’s all round game is not a patch on Maupay’s, his shooting couldn’t have been worse. He actually managed a shot on target which is more than the Frenchman could muster in triple the amount of minutes.

As one of the many on here thinking Maupay needed hooking and one of the fewer thinking that Locadia couldn't be worse, I have to agree with this. With hindsight, it didn't work, but that's a gift Potter and we didn't have.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
What an absolute load of rubbish, no-one here has bullied Aaron Connolly, there may have been some criticism of his performances and attitude, and they aren't without some factual basis, he hasn't been up to the job when called upon a lot of the time. But we will all be singing his name the next time he gets on the pitch and scores. That's what being football fan is and quite frankly i'm bored of you getting on your moral high horse and making baseless accusations about the opinions held by long standing Brighton fans on here when they don't align with your own (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

You are not the only one.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
What an absolute load of rubbish, no-one here has bullied Aaron Connolly, there may have been some criticism of his performances and attitude, and they aren't without some factual basis, he hasn't been up to the job when called upon a lot of the time. But we will all be singing his name the next time he gets on the pitch and scores. That's what being football fan is and quite frankly i'm bored of you getting on your moral high horse and making baseless accusations about the opinions held by long standing Brighton fans on here when they don't align with your own (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

Your not the only one

Time to give it a rest Swanny

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apparently Jurg is being followed round Brighton by a small film crew - his 'social media' team at the moment :ffsparr:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maupay was awful but at least he works for the team even if he couldn’t hit a cow’s ar$e with a banjo on Saturday. Jurg is an embarrassment who clearly cannot be bothered. Pay him up and waive bye bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Seeing as this has already reached 10,500 posts since Saturday night I thought I would chip and make it one more. I suspect that Potter was playing Locadia as a protest to TB. I could not believe what I was watching. I groaned when they brought him on so, apologies for the groan (at the time).

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well he's right. He doesn't fit in with a PL team.

I mean, what a kn0b posting this the following morning after your first PL appearance in ages.

The guy is a ****ing bellend. He's basically nicking 40 grand a week from us.

I have my issues with Connolly, he is a dick on social media too, but you can't fault his effort, he always gives it everything. Locardia comes on and strolls around like he doesn't care.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hopefully Sarmiento over locadia from now on . It’s a sticking plaster to what we all know we really need tho .

Time to give Lorent Tolaj a taste of first team action perhaps, definately a far better option than Locadia for the bench anyway, still only 20 l know, but has been scoring for fun in the under 23's.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I have my issues with Connolly, he is a dick on social media too, but you can't fault his effort, he always gives it everything. Locardia comes on and strolls around like he doesn't care.

Yep, has Locadia ever broken sweat? l've never seen it in any, (which admittedly isn't many), of his Albion appearances.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would there have been boos at the end if Jurgs had stayed on the bench?

To bring on such an awful player is quite a red rag imo.

And surely there must be someone in the u23s worth giving a go? I just cannot believe that Locadia has been impressing in training or attitude from his performance?

However I did feel slightly sorry for him - the crowd laughs when he comes on, hard to play with any confidence in that scenario.

I though the “If Locadia scores, we’re on the pitch” chant was inspiring

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Yep, has Locadia ever broken sweat? l've never seen it in any, (which admittedly isn't many), of his Albion appearances.

Tbf Locadia comes from a country where one of the first things you learn as a striker is "conserve your energy for the important moments". Other than Dirk Kuyt who was a machine, this has always been the case with Dutch strikers and one of many good reasons not to sign attacking players from the Eredivisie, because unless you are at the level of Van Nistelrooy, Bergkamp, Van Persie or Hasselbaink (and Locadia isnt, if anyone was wondering) its not going to work out strolling around for 90 minutes waiting for one or two moments to be brilliant.

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Tbf Locadia comes from a country where one of the first things you learn as a striker is "conserve your energy for the important moments". Other than Dirk Kuyt who was a machine, this has always been the case with Dutch strikers and one of many good reasons not to sign attacking players from the Eredivisie, because unless you are at the level of Van Nistelrooy, Bergkamp, Van Persie or Hasselbaink (and Locadia isnt, if anyone was wondering) its not going to work out strolling around for 90 minutes waiting for one or two moments to be brilliant.

I'm looking forward to seeing the moment he is conserving his energy for. It's been conserved for so long that it is surely going to be magnificent.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Every time I see locadia play I am trying to spot what our scouts saw in him. I just can’t see anything. I have written before on here that I go to lots of national league north matches and there are far better strikers in that league. Locadia doesn’t even look like he can run properly because the mechanics look wrong. It is just bizarre. Do we know what our scouts saw? I simply can’t compute how he is a professional footballer.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maupay was awful but at least he works for the team even if he couldn’t hit a cow’s ar$e with a banjo on Saturday. Jurg is an embarrassment who clearly cannot be bothered. Pay him up and waive bye bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maupay missed one easy chance and one much more difficult one.....................the rest of his game wasn't awful. Works his nuts off (always does), held the ball up well, pressed effectively and harried their defenders and made some great runs. Unfortunately the judgement weighting is going to be almost 100% on whether he puts the ball in the net (at least from most fans) or not, poor guy's confidence is just shot atm

Fascinated to see if/how the club deal with the issues in the window.......anything other than Locadia out and new striker in and the grumbling will be immense

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here