Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let’s Talk About Locadia

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So let's imagine that TB decided we simply had to push the boat out and sign two strikers who would actually agree to come and play for us. Suggestions? Eddie Nketiah? Divock Origi? Dane Scarlett? Where are all these PL-quality strikers?

Quite.

However you seem to have missed the point. This club are amateurish shit and have been all along since the 1920s. Bloom is just a poor man's Alan Sugar. The recruitment team are more interested in sniffing each others' bottoms than signing anyone decent. And Potter is just a classroom weed who deserves to have the back of his head smacked when he's not looking.

Thus spake a minority (fortunately) of utter bell-end posters on this thread.

(and.....exhale).

:thumbsup:

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Bring on Locadia, get fans frustrated, get the fans booing, then rattle on about the clubs history knowing full well it contains the likes of Murray and Ward. Clever so and so that Potter.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well after this post he can do one and leave ASAP
7fb098c5f750ac75d2703010c3d5c7e8.jpg

What an absolutely idiotic thing for him to post on social media.

Assuming that is a genuine post, his last comment has made it pretty much impossible for the manager to select him for a match day squad and probably impossible for him to be part of squad training sessions.

An interesting challenge for the HR department…

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Would there have been boos at the end if Jurgs had stayed on the bench?

To bring on such an awful player is quite a red rag imo.

And surely there must be someone in the u23s worth giving a go? I just cannot believe that Locadia has been impressing in training or attitude from his performance?

However I did feel slightly sorry for him - the crowd laughs when he comes on, hard to play with any confidence in that scenario.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Well GP is upset with the fans, well I am upset with him and his decision making of substitutions
He cost us a point in my opinion last week at Villa when replaced both wing backs who were the only threat we had that day
Yesterday his decision to pick Locadia in preference to many others on the bench was pure criminal and if he was trying to make a political statement to the board he wants firing because if that’s what he was doing he let the club, the fans and himself down

I'm not upset by a small section of fans booing, supporters react in all sorts of emotional ways (it was ever thus) and I understand the ongoing frustration at our lack of finishing. I'm also not particularly upset by GP's choice of substitutions as he is working to a game plan and knows far more about the strengths and weaknesses of individual players than anyone on here. Yes, our wingbacks were the main threat at Villa but they were tiring and nobody was in the middle to get on the end of the crosses. If bringing on Locadia was a signal to the board it was pretty effective considering the amount of controversy it has generated.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Well after this post he can do one and leave ASAP
7fb098c5f750ac75d2703010c3d5c7e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

He's posted cryptic self deprecating stuff like this before, but I never got the feeling it was aimed at anything to do with football, more likely just pointless moody nonsense to do with his music persona. But the timing of this post is just stupid.

Nov 25, 2021
We need a total rethink on the striker situation. Locadia can go, Connolly can go, and im not sure I see us giving Welbeck another year after this given his fitness. Next season we'll have the option of bringing Sima, Zeqiri, Ferguson or Tolaj into the first team but really we need to be signing 2 Premier League quality strikers. A tough task given our history on the matter.

Any suggestions? Salah? Kane? Mane? Sterling? Not having a go but just saying we have no chance of signing a premier league quality scorer unless we get seriously lucky in unearthing a complete unknown from somewhere.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
“Football will always comes first, my music is my hobby and a passion when I’m not training or playing for the club I love. Music actually helps my football. It helps with my focus and avoids and keeps away the distractions that come with this lifestyle. Music is a release for me and brings me a lot of joy and satisfaction”.

At least NSC's got its new facepalm emoji sorted out.

LOCADIA-foto-768x768.jpg

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
An interesting challenge for the HR department…

Well, at least we obviously don't have a dept. that analyses "fan sentiment graphs" and instructs players' socials to reflect that for "traction".

Well that's the only good thing I take away from Jurg's nobbishness.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...chester-united-and-those-fan-sentiment-graphs

"Phil Lynch, senior club media wonk [at Man Utd], ... explains how through the analysis of “fan sentiment graphs” he and his team compile twice-daily reports for every United player. No, really. What’s more, they have “certain thresholds that alert us when we see fan sentiment going one way or another … and when that happens we then start to work with the player and his team individually to counter that narrative a little bit”. In short, the amount of science and hard work that goes into a Harry Maguire post announcing that he’s gutted but will work hard to put things right and bounce back stronger cannot be overstated, even if it does seem a monumental waste of everyone’s time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
Bringing on Locadia was simply a message from Potter to Barber/Ashworth/Bloom/Recruitment team.

The message was - “Maupay couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo tonight and this is all I have left in the locker. Sort it out FFS”.

A bad move from Potter who is supposed to have great man management skills.
What must all the other subs sitting on the bench think when Potter chose Locadia over them to go and win the game for the club

I think most people would agree that Maupay had to be pulled. If he’d missed many more sitters, his confidence might have been shot for the rest of the year. They’d have been coaxing him down from the Amex roof!

However, Potter’s formation was slicing through Leeds time and time again. It would have been foolish in the extreme to have fiddled with the set-up and not to have replaced Maupay with a striker. Sadly, we only had one on the bench. It WAS worth the gamble as clearly, whilst Locadia’s all round game is not a patch on Maupay’s, his shooting couldn’t have been worse. He actually managed a shot on target which is more than the Frenchman could muster in triple the amount of minutes.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Worried for Aaron. Not been seen since people last had the chance to bully him, hope he is ok.

As for Locadia I have seen him score at various levels and he is a natural goal scorer. Unfortunately that is all, every other part of his game is just not at this level.

What an absolute load of rubbish, no-one here has bullied Aaron Connolly, there may have been some criticism of his performances and attitude, and they aren't without some factual basis, he hasn't been up to the job when called upon a lot of the time. But we will all be singing his name the next time he gets on the pitch and scores. That's what being football fan is and quite frankly i'm bored of you getting on your moral high horse and making baseless accusations about the opinions held by long standing Brighton fans on here when they don't align with your own (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Worried for Aaron. Not been seen since people last had the chance to bully him, hope he is ok.

Really? Or maybe GP is trying to teach him the same lesson he tried to teach Maupay. Or maybe he's injured. Or maybe being eased back after an injury.

You know nothing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Really? Or maybe GP is trying to teach him the same lesson he tried to teach Maupay. Or maybe he's injured. Or maybe being eased back after an injury.

You know nothing.

Maybe Potter has realised (after seeing him in training for 30 hours a week or so) he’s just not up to it………and, like it or not, Locadia was a better option.

****ing hope Danny is back soon.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What an absolute load of rubbish, no-one here has bullied Aaron Connolly, there may have been some criticism of his performances and attitude, and they aren't without some factual basis, he hasn't been up to the job when called upon a lot of the time. But we will all be singing his name the next time he gets on the pitch and scores. That's what being football fan is and quite frankly i'm bored of you getting on your moral high horse and making baseless accusations about the opinions held by long standing Brighton fans on here when they don't align with your own (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

You are wrong about the first thing the mention, but we've had that discussion before on here and I'm in no mood to have it again.

I hope he is fine, that is all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here