Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] La Liga game in Miami

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
If they ever tried to move one of our home league games abroad, I would hope there would be huge protests against it. For me it would be as bad as the Super League proposal.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Sounds very unlikely given that the total population is around 345 million. That would be more than 1 in 5 watching.

I would have thought that your figures make it more than likely! I am not sure of the figures as it was just something I saw on the telly but it made sense to me in that we are told it is the most watched football on the planet. The USA has a lot of people from all over the world that love their football and other sports. They even have a cricket league ffs. It’s a big country and thus a big market. They also have the World Cup coming up in 2 years. I can see them getting into it after all these years of FIFAl trying to break into that market.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would have thought that your figures make it more than likely! I am not sure of the figures as it was just something I saw on the telly but it made sense to me in that we are told it is the most watched football on the planet. The USA has a lot of people from all over the world that love their football and other sports. They even have a cricket league ffs. It’s a big country and thus a big market. They also have the World Cup coming up in 2 years. I can see them getting into it after all these years of FIFAl trying to break into that market.
One in five watching would be absolutely incredible in the literal sense of the word.

This is from a US sports media site at the end of last season:

The 2023/24 Premier League season was the most watched campaign ever in the US, with broadcaster NBC reporting an average audience of 546,000 and 2.9 million viewers on the final day of the campaign.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
One in five watching would be absolutely incredible in the literal sense of the word.

This is from a US sports media site at the end of last season:

The 2023/24 Premier League season was the most watched campaign ever in the US, with broadcaster NBC reporting an average audience of 546,000 and 2.9 million viewers on the final day of the campaign.
Oh OK. The guy from EFL must have been talking bollox then. Sorry.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
The 39th game didn't work - someone gets Southampton and someone gets Arsenal - so what could we do to get away with it? I know! 2 games abroad. If the fans complain about integrity? Well, the fairest way is ALL games abroad innit.
Nah, just make the two overseas games dead rubbers between mid table sides with nothing to play for :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yer obviously Detroit would be awful, but Miami in December wouldn't. Simples.
I don't care if it was played on the shores of the Copacabana. The whole concept of franchising one or more of our PL games abroad is offensive.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't like it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here