Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jakey Robinson

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think MM will increase Jake's participation this eason, but mainly from the bench, unless there are injuries to our main strikers (Leon and CKR, it seems)...

Jake has all the pace and skill needed to make it at this level, IMHO...

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
craigo said:
i dont think robinson is good he is just a ponse and shows off

idiot!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

how do u come to that conclusion?

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Stumpy Tim said:
Jake will be first change for Knight this season. Trolley or McPhee will be first change for CKR. So if Knight isn't playing well, gets injured or suspended then I think Jake will play

spot on. an thats how it should be aswell.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
Jake will be first change for Knight this season. Trolley or McPhee will be first change for CKR. So if Knight isn't playing well, gets injured or suspended then I think Jake will play

If that is going to be the case, I would look to loan him out again as sitting in the reserves is going to do him no good. He came back so much sharper having played games for Aldershot.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
If that is going to be the case, I would look to loan him out again as sitting in the reserves is going to do him no good. He came back so much sharper having played games for Aldershot.

If he was first change for Knight though, he would be brought on when LK isn't performing or tired and be in his place if injured or out of form. In my mind that's a lot more than sitting in the reserves and has to be better than being farmed out to Aldershot.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
munster monch said:
If he was first change for Knight though, he would be brought on when LK isn't performing or tired and be in his place if injured or out of form. In my mind that's a lot more than sitting in the reserves and has to be better than being farmed out to Aldershot.

But is McGhee going to have 2 forwards on the bench? Especially if Hart is not in the starting 11. It could be that a targetman is picked over Robinson in the matchday 16, so he is not getting games and then looks rusty when he is chucked in.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
But is McGhee going to have 2 forwards on the bench? Especially if Hart is not in the starting 11. It could be that a targetman is picked over Robinson in the matchday 16, so he is not getting games and then looks rusty when he is chucked in.

I don't know, I haven't got crystal balls.

I wish I had :lolol:

You'd like to think he's moved up in the pecking order now though and would feature a lot more on the bench as a result.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
lizard said:
Play Leon on the left wing and try Jake and CKR together..............that might be interesting!!!
sounds good!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
munster monch said:
It's a real tough one this. He's too good for simply playing reserve football the whole time, maybe not good enough to start the whole time.

Can we make the bench a bit bigger? :lolol:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Uncle Buck said:

Agree. I'd like to see him go to a league 2 club this time. Or maybe even league 1.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
garry nelsons left foot said:
Agree. I'd like to see him go to a league 2 club this time. Or maybe even league 1.

Bench would be my preference... he is good enough to come on as sub for us... why let another club benefit?...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
B.W. said:
Bench would be my preference... he is good enough to come on as sub for us... why let another club benefit?...

I don't mean for the whole season. I think a month or two of regular first team football in league one or two will benefit him, and us, for the second half of the season. He'll get 6-8 games of competitive adult football, making him fitter, stronger and more experienced than he'd get from 6-8 substitute appearances for us. That way he'll be sharp and ready when we need him, which I guess will more likely be in the second half of the season than the first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here