Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jakey Robinson

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
It cant be a coincidence Leon has only signed for a year. I think he will be off at season end and Jake will take his role then, I am convinced he is being groomed for it.

eastlondonseagull said:
But CKR is about a foot taller.

And a foot wider!

Like McCammon and McPhee and maybe even the new Argie, Jake will have to wait his chance and see how the CKR-Leon partnership works out.

He has done OK in the pre-season games so far. I believe he is the type of player who can make an impact at whatever class of football he plays at - his movement is excellent and he has good skills. But we know his size will always put him at a slight disadvantage in coping with bigger defenders who at Championship level might be as quick as him.

Realistically, he is there to put pressure on Leon's position. If Leon doesn't perform, Jake might get some game time, just as McPhee and Big Mac will come in if C K-R gets injured or over-played.

I hope Jake gets at least a spot on the bench as he does have that game-breaking something about his play which can turn games!

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
BUTTERBALL said:
It cant be a coincidence Leon has only signed for a year. I think he will be off at season end and Jake will take his role then, I am convinced he is being groomed for it.
I dunno. If we get Falmer and stay up, Leon could stay. If not we've got a ready made replacement in Jakey, more sub appearences this season as he is still only young and very small. He looks like a boy compared to the rest of the squad (even Leon!).

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Silent Bob said:
I dunno. If we get Falmer and stay up, Leon could stay. If not we've got a ready made replacement in Jakey, more sub appearences this season as he is still only young and very small. He looks like a boy compared to the rest of the squad (even Leon!).

Let's be honest, that's cos Jake still IS a boy!

Referee! said:
LI in agreement with majority shocker!

I tend to be in agreement with McGhee on most things, which I think puts me in the silent majority, if not in the majority of vociferous "why, oh, why" posters.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
samparish said:
Let's be honest, that's cos Jake still IS a boy!
True, but look at CKR or Wayne Rooney....

Although I guess they're probably the minority. :)

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
eastlondonseagull said:
But CKR is about a foot taller.

Look at Sean wright-phillips only 5ft 5 took a while took break into city now look at him

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I havnt seen him play for about a year but in my opinion he just needs to work on his strength. There have been many great footballers who are shortarses, Defoe isnt that tall is he, Wright-Philips and of course Maradona. Now Jakey may never be a Maradona (but never say never eh!) but as long as he can rely on the stronger points of his game, his pace, skill and movement, and not let his size become a burdon then with time he will be a very useful player.

This season he needs a little more "grooming" but should definately not be left in the reserves. MM knows this and i expevct you lucky guys who are still in England to see a fair amount of Jakey this year.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
was one of the reasons we halted our dreadful run last season as he often changed games coming off the bench.
He has got potential and really needs to fufill it this season. Expect he will make the bench, it's up to him to take his chance when he gets it.

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
pace will always threaten whatever size you are just look at an early michael owen , who i think isnt that skillfull ala Robben or Henry but has(had) pace Admittedly Henry has too ! but just hope JR can build on his game as i think he will be a great asset

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
??? ??? where does that conclusion come from ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here