Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jakey Robinson

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
While we're all squabbling about the pros and cons of Trolley and this new Argie bloke, anyone got any thoughts on Mr Robinson's potential for this season? I thought he was a hero towards the end of last term and am hoping he starts banging them in this year. But is he good enough?

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
get him off the bench to change the game, then he wil lgain experience and be ready in a couple of years

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I think I'm missing a trick here, I still don't see what makes Jake special. From what I've seen I think he'd be blessed if he could amount to half a Zamora.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I think he has so much potential, he will definately be good enough and we need to involve him a little more this season. Thing is will MM just stick with Leon and CKR up front and then with this new Argie bloke i'm not sure he will get the chances he deserves. Robinson will be a class striker in a year or two and we need to keep him playing even if just as sub for a little while.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
lizard said:
I think he has so much potential, he will definately be good enough and we need to involve him a little more this season. Thing is will MM just stick with Leon and CKR up front and then with this new Argie bloke i'm not sure he will get the chances he deserves. Robinson will be a class striker in a year or two and we need to keep him playing even if just as sub for a little while.
My fear is that he won't get enough of a run-out or have a decent amount of competitive practice. But only time will tell. I just don't want him to fade into reserve obscurity. He's too good for that.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Play Leon on the left wing and try Jake and CKR together..............that might be interesting!!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I might be a bit off the mark but I don't see Jakey as an out and out striker, more likely playing slightly behind the front two in a 4312 formation or as a winger. He has pace and the ability to make defenders look complete mugs but I really don't see him as a traditional centre forward, the average centre back must be almost a foot taller than him so he is unlikely to win much in air battles, but in the ground war he can be king...

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Jake has alot of abililty and there is no questioning his talent, he is a born naural goalscorer and just needs to be give the chance to play UP FRONT and not on the wing where hes being played to show wot he can do, we cannot miss out on jakey otherwise someone else will grab him.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
We'll never know if he's good enough unless he's given a chance.

So Give him a go NOW i say, unless CKR is really that much better than him

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
We'll never know if he's good enough unless he's given a chance.

So Give him a go NOW i say, unless CKR is really that much better than him

spot on there mate when has he been given a fair chance? hes a born goalscorer sooner we realise it the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here