Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there a park and ride from Lewes for the home matches?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Park at Lewes rail station at get the train down, or short walk to town centre and get 28 or 29 bus to Falmer?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Buses 28 & 29 run every ten minutes from the High Street and drop off at Falmer station, a good option if not wanting to get the train.

County Hall?
Or any other public car park in Lewes. Bear in mind, though, that all public car parking in the town is charged up until 6.00pm, even on Saturdays, and enforcement is strict.

I also know that Lewes Town Council (and others) have expressed concern about the likelihood of the town's parking spaces being overwhelmed by football parking on matchdays.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Is parking at Lewes station free? If not is anywhere within walking distance of Lewes station free to park?

It seem anyone coming in from the East has limited option as on top of the travel voucher you have to allow for parking fees.

Any thoughts????

Is parking at Lewes station free? If not is anywhere within walking distance of Lewes station free to park?

It seem anyone coming in from the East has limited option as on top of the travel voucher you have to allow for parking fees.

Any thoughts????
It's not free to park at Lewes station. Just over a fiver, if I remember rightly. Apart from time-limited customer car parking at Tesco's and Waitrose, there is no free daytime parking in Lewes that is conveniently close to a bus stop.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
There a car park down by Gorringes in Lewes that's about £2 all day and a short walk back to the High Street for the bus.

Jan 30, 2008
It's not free to park at Lewes station. Just over a fiver, if I remember rightly. Apart from time-limited customer car parking at Tesco's and Waitrose, there is no free daytime parking in Lewes that is conveniently close to a bus stop.
complete waste of time anyone considering parking in Lewes on Saturdays , more hassle than its worth , BELIEVE ME !!!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
There are a lot of fans from Seaford/Newhaven/Eastbourne/Hastings/Hailsham who would benefit from a park and ride to the east of Brighton, ideally in the Lewes area, as it seems a bit daft to come into Brighton just to park and ride out of it again in the direction we came from. The train situation is going to be problematic - that seemed clear yesterday when there were only 7,100 fans in the stadium. When there are 22,000 or perhaps 30,000 it's going to be really sticky.

But I can't see an obvious site, sadly.

Jan 30, 2008
There are a lot of fans from Seaford/Newhaven/Eastbourne/Hastings/Hailsham who would benefit from a park and ride to the east of Brighton, ideally in the Lewes area, as it seems a bit daft to come into Brighton just to park and ride out of it again in the direction we came from. The train situation is going to be problematic - that seemed clear yesterday when there were only 7,100 fans in the stadium. When there are 22,000 or perhaps 30,000 it's going to be really sticky.

But I can't see an obvious site, sadly.
if you're getting on at Eastbourne OR Seaford why would you want to get off at Lewes ?

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
I would be interested in hearing from anyone who came from the eastboure area on saturday as i luckly got a lift straight to the stadium but going forward i will have to find another option. Did you take the train and how much was the fare?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
don't think so , have you ever been up that neck of the woods in Lewes ?

My mum lives just up from there so yes! To be fair, I've no idea on the car park size though - guess it must be small then. I was thinking it would be Mithras House size.

You're bang on about parking in Lewes though. Nightmare at the best of times...

Jan 30, 2008
My mum lives just up from there so yes! To be fair, I've no idea on the car park size though - guess it must be small then. I was thinking it would be Mithras House size.

You're bang on about parking in Lewes though. Nightmare at the best of times...
reasonable size but it's at the back of ST Annes crescent , bit of tight entrance could get congested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here