Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Manchester the best city n the country?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The two best football teams in Europe, Produced some of the best bands the country/world has ever seen, cracking nightlife, It's own attitude and fashions. The home of the industrial revolution. An edge to it no where else can match and it can stick it's fingers up to anywhere else and not give a shit.

D

Deleted member 18477

No Brighton is. And London is better than dirty Northern crap.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Yes, I live here and and I am West Sussex boy, lived in many towns throughout the UK, Manchester by far the best!

What I miss about Brighton is the beach and its own bohemian and indivual personality, Manchester does not have that!!

The pubs are better in Brighton too....

So with that in Mind, everywhere has its strengths and weaknesses

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Feb 14, 2010
No mate, its a small town up north, with a small town vibe. When you go there from London you think its a ghost town and wonder where all the people are. Last time I went there for work, I stayed in the city centre and nobody was about after 10pm. OK it was January, but its really not an international city. No mate, London is the best city in the UK and one of the best, if not the best in Europe. That is why everyone from around the world wants to move to London and nobody particularly wants to move to Manchester. As for music, then some gobby want to be beatle who was big in the 1990's hardly makes it a place of note on the music scene either. Frankly there is only one international city in England - and that is London. Every other place is really a town.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There have been a few good bands from Manchester it's true but, I'd say there's been more from London or Birmingham.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No mate, its a small town up north, with a small town vibe. When you go there from London you think its a ghost town and wonder where all the people are. Last time I went there for work, I stayed in the city centre and nobody was about after 10pm. OK it was January, but its really not an international city. No mate, London is the best city in the UK and one of the best, if not the best in Europe. That is why everyone from around the world wants to move to London and nobody particularly wants to move to Manchester. As for music, then some gobby want to be beatle who was big in the 1990's hardly makes it a place of note on the music scene either. Frankly there is only one international city in England - and that is London. Every other place is really a town.

Good to see your dreary clueless prejudice is still there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hardly the best two teams in Europe as neither managed to progress in the Europa Cup

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There have been a few good bands from Manchester it's true but, I'd say there's been more from London or Birmingham.

The Smiths
Joy Division
Happy Mondays
10cc
New Order
The Fall
The Bee Gees
Oasis
The Hollies
The Stone Roses
808 State
The Chameleons

Granted Simply Red and Take That are embarrassing shite, but the music scene here is great.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The Smiths
Joy Division
Happy Mondays
10cc
New Order
The Fall
The Bee Gees
Oasis
The Hollies
The Stone Roses
808 State
The Chameleons

Granted Simply Red and Take That are embarrassing shite, but the music scene here is great.

And in the London corner :
David Bowie
The Clash
Coldplay
The Damned
Elvis Costello
Eurythmics
The Faces
Fleetwood Mac
Iron Maiden
The Kinks
The Libertines
Madness
Manfred Mann
Motörhead
Pet Shop Boys
The Police
Procol Harum
The Psychedelic Furs
Queen
Rod Stewart
The Rolling Stones
Sex Pistols
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Small Faces
Status Quo
T. Rex
Whitesnake
The Who
Yes

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Smiths
Joy Division
Happy Mondays
10cc
New Order
The Fall
The Bee Gees
Oasis
The Hollies
The Stone Roses
808 State
The Chameleons

In addition to the above:

The Chemical Brothers
Starsailor
N-Trance :lolol:
The Buzz Cocks
Badly Drawn Boy
Elbow
The Courteeneers
M-people
The Whip - Quality!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfEgfpLxVIQ
James
Inspiral Carpets
Ian Brown (formerly Stone Roses, as above)
The Verve

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here