Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Manchester the best city n the country?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Spent 5 years in Manchester in the early 90's, doing my postgrad research. Great city, especially if your a student. Has changed a lot since I was there, a now even better. You even get used to the rain after a while.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I like the Northern quarter in particular Bar Odd, not sure why but i just like the place. There is a bar odder on Oxford road same chain which is pretty good a swell. The Frog and Bucket comedy place is great.

I'll be honest i just don't like London, too busy, to many wankers

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I like the Northern quarter in particular Bar Odd, not sure why but i just like the place. There is a bar odder on Oxford road same chain which is pretty good a swell. The Frog and Bucket comedy place is great.

I'll be honest i just don't like London, too busy, to many wankers
:lolol: I can't wait for the responses on here now :lolol:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
:lolol: I can't wait for the responses on here now :lolol:

London is one of those places people commute to work there for a meagre amount of extra cash but most can't afford to live there or in a decent bit anyway so they spend an extra 3 hours commuting and the cost of this travel for a few extra grand a year...... Horses for courses and all that but it wouldn't be my idea of fun. Is it worth it when you get to a point in life when you've missed your kids growing up etc just so you can have a slightly nicer house or better car or an extra holiday a year.

Maybe money is not that important to me or i'm not that career driven, but lifes for living not sitting on a fecking train.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ive been to Manchester a number of times and like it but personally Brighton and London come first and second then Manc.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The two best football teams in Europe, Produced some of the best bands the country/world has ever seen, cracking nightlife, It's own attitude and fashions. The home of the industrial revolution. An edge to it no where else can match and it can stick it's fingers up to anywhere else and not give a shit.

What is it that qualifies them as the best 2 teams in europe

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I once dated a girl who didn't like the north as "everyone is fat and poor." She said this with a straight face as well. Now, I do not support this view and we didn't last long but it did make me chuckle slightly.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No mate, its a small town up north, with a small town vibe. When you go there from London you think its a ghost town and wonder where all the people are. Last time I went there for work, I stayed in the city centre and nobody was about after 10pm. OK it was January, but its really not an international city. No mate, London is the best city in the UK and one of the best, if not the best in Europe. That is why everyone from around the world wants to move to London and nobody particularly wants to move to Manchester. As for music, then some gobby want to be beatle who was big in the 1990's hardly makes it a place of note on the music scene either. Frankly there is only one international city in England - and that is London. Every other place is really a town.
There are only two truly international cities in the world, london and new york.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
London and Brighton. In terms of music, don't forget Brighton has the Great Escape - one of the best music festivals in the country (although I must admit I spent quite a bit of the weekend at the Manchester-by-Sea nights at the Pav Tav and saw some great stuff in there).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here