IPOD advice

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As my birthday ( 47) is hurtling towards me like a big hurtling thing, I am looking at an IPOD to listen to music on t' train etc

Now Ipod mini 6gig is £169

ipod 20Gb is £209

Is it worth spending the extra or will you end up filling it full of stuff you will never listen to, like Yessongs?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My daughter WON a free Ipod the other day, by texting that number on a packet of Walkers crisps. Its being delivered this week. Although I realise this is of no help whatsoever Dave.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Depends on how big your music library is. I had about 25gb on ny iPod until some Chisla stoke it two weeks ago, but was expecting to put loads more on as I ripped more CD's.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easy 10 said:
My daughter WON a free Ipod the other day, by texting that number on a packet of Walkers crisps. Its being delivered this week. Although I realise this is of no help whatsoever Dave.

I thought you had a ferret, not a daughter

Dandyman

In London village.
Ipod Mini 6gb holds up to 1500 songs, so it depends how many you want to download.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
thankyou for sharing that with me mate

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
don't go for an ipod, they are style over substance.

Fact:
battery life is shit
file transfer system ie itunes is rubbish.

If you want a 5gb player go for something like Rio Carbon, looks great, 20 hour battery life, easy to get songs onto it - costs about £125.

if you want bigger then have a look round ie advancedmp3players.com.

I've got an iriver H340 which will store photos directly from your camera (can act as usb host ie you can transfer files to without using a pc), has radio, better sound quality than the ipod, much better battery life), does not use the ridiculous itunes, and was a lot cheaper.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
dave the gaffer said:
As my birthday ( 47) is hurtling towards me like a big hurtling thing, I am looking at an IPOD to listen to music on t' train etc

Now Ipod mini 6gig is £169

ipod 20Gb is £209

Is it worth spending the extra or will you end up filling it full of stuff you will never listen to, like Yessongs?

Tank got the 20Gb iPod last week from Argos, they were on special offer. Think it was under £180. Bargain!

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
I would not go less than 20Gb

I have three of the buggers :)

a RIO KARMA - lovely machine - but now used my my wife down the Gym ... cost me £109 but no longer made

an ARCHOS GMINI - very compact, bit more fiddly than the Rio, but one that I use on a daily basis ... cost me £130 from Dixons Gatwick (VAT FREE)

a PHILIPS HDD120 - bonus thing about this one is that it is also a recorder so I can throw away the dictaphone. However, My son has nabbed this one. ... very similar to IPOD, only it is Black and not White ... cost me £90 from Woolworths

In short

There are lot of better value options out there than iPODS.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I also think the I-pod is shite, not very good battery life and when it goes completely you will have to send off to Apple to get replaced. Also the I-pod earphones aren't up to much and the volume doesn't go that high. But then at your age Dave you probably wont want it too loud eh? :D

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've got a Creative Zen Micro. Cheaper than an Ipod, but still the nuts.

And it's compatible with all the music download sites - unilke Apple's over-hyped baby.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Apple really are a bunch of kunts, the built-in MP3 player in the Ipod/Motorola phone SHUFFLEs everything.....WHY? WHY do that? wasters!

ROKR E1 FEATURES
Tri-band GSM/GPRS phone
VGA camera, 4x zoom, flash and video recorder
Capped 100 song capacity
512 megabyte memory card
iTunes access via dedicated button
Display: 262k colour screen
Rhythm lights
Stereo headset and speakers
107g
Talktime: Up to 9 hours
108 x 46 x 20.5mm
Audio formats: Midi, MP3, Wav, and AAC

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Am thinking of getting the 60Gb one next payday. The specs look pretty impressive and it plays video too. Any reasons I SHOULDN'T get one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports