Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IPOD advice

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Am thinking of getting the 60Gb one next payday. The specs look pretty impressive and it plays video too. Any reasons I SHOULDN'T get one?

Reliability - shit. Hard disks fail, batteries fail
Price - f***ing high
Compatibility - bugger all. Old Mac, old Windows machine, or anything else == no chance of using it

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Alternavites - iRiver or Creative, basically. iRiver is probably as expensive as the iPod though for the same features.

The Nano has bad, bad problems too - it scrathes really badly, even putting it in your pocket will leave it looking like you took wire wool to it.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Got mine at beginning of August prior to go into hospital, as didn't want the bulk of taking a load of CDs.

Went for the 20Gb as this has the photo facility, but so far have loaded 1600 tunes, but after a while it's get a bit boring so don't think I will ever get to use it to full capacity.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Am going to have a look at the others alternatives. But it makes you wonder why if Ipods are so rubbish, that they are so popular?

What I'm after is a BIG memory, and a big screeen to watch stuff on.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
MYOB said:
The Nano has bad, bad problems too - it scrathes really badly, even putting it in your pocket will leave it looking like you took wire wool to it.

wherever do you get this from ???

Ive had one for a month, no scratches, no issue with battery life very easy to use and feels lighter than a cigarette lighter in your shirt pocket.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Speaking of which, I just read an online review of a Nano's destruction threshold. It took several drops from a speeding car to get badly scratched, and only broke after being driven over by said car. I know this doesn't address battery life, but the scratch complaint seems a bit dubious.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Speaking of which, I just read an online review of a Nano's destruction threshold. It took several drops from a speeding car to get badly scratched, and only broke after being driven over by said car. I know this doesn't address battery life, but the scratch complaint seems a bit dubious.

Its made out of about the strongest level of polycarbonate around. Its extremely resistant to -crack damage-, but it scratches like crazy, significantly worse than any other forms of plastic.

Crack resistance and scratch resistance are utterly different qualities in a plastic. It seems Apple's designers forgot that and ordered plastic solely based on crack resistance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here