Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, all teams get them. But are we blighted more than most? Two of our best players (JPVH and Pedro) out for weeks, if not months :(

I thought we had a new crack team of medics to address this. Are we just unlucky?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
The mix of younger and older players, rather than ones in their physical peak, combined with our intense way of pressuring... we're always likely to be closer to the top than the bottom of the injury chart.

Also if the boys have spent 1,5 years listening to RDZ tactical instructions rather than actually training, it will take some time to correct it.

SillyCGull

Jan 7, 2024
They are doctors, not faith healers. There is only so much they can do to prevent injuries in the first place.
I think we are now less likely to rush a player back (to avoid any reoccuring injury) which from the outside looks like the players are missing more games but we'll never know how many games they could miss if they come back too early.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Beating Spurs in an iconic comeback is all the better without using any of these players:

———————-Ferguson———————
Adingra————Pedro—————-March
———-Milner—————O’Riley————
———————Van Hecke——————-

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Van Hecke back in two weeks - although he could be speaking intoxicated.

Ivy Asia the baller destination in Brighton ,oh dear. Not usually into football gear but like that guys hoodie , anyone know where it's from?

Found it ..

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think we are any worse. Modern football is highly physical and it's not surprising that players are getting more injured than they used to.

PaulineSinclair

Mar 16, 2019
It feels like every season, we’re cursed with injuries to our best players. I don’t know if it’s bad luck or what, but it definitely puts a strain on the team.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
No idea how reliable this is .....https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

We are at the top end of playes out.

1729008540110.png

4 players out - But only Adam Webster has no estimated return date:
1729008630751.png

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Touch wood injuries not looking so bad at the moment.

Baleba may not make the weekend and Pedro and O'Riley still out but out of our key players these are the only three (maybe two) now I think.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Touch wood injuries not looking so bad at the moment.

Baleba may not make the weekend and Pedro and O'Riley still out but out of our key players these are the only three (maybe two) now I think.
Pretty positive from you given you’ve just named arguably 2 of our best players!

Pedro is less of a worry as Rutter has stepped up and we are stacked attacking wise, but no other midfielder has put in a Baleba level performance yet. He’s really needed against a midfield like Newcastle’s.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Pretty positive from you given you’ve just named arguably 2 of our best players!

Pedro is less of a worry as Rutter has stepped up and we are stacked attacking wise, but no other midfielder has put in a Baleba level performance yet. He’s really needed against a midfield like Newcastle’s.
We need Carlos against their midfield three physicality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here