Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor Julio - SINGS for 4 years!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Undoubtedly not in the team when everyone is fit. But he's come in and done well. Well done to him.

He's done enough to be considered 3rd choice in my view. Webby will have to bide his time. A player I like, but he's had, what 10 x 6 weeks ish injuries since he's been here? You just can't build together the form to achieve your potential.

Dunk
Van Hecke
Igor
Webby
Veltman

Is the CB pecking order in my opinion

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Undoubtedly not in the team when everyone is fit. But he's come in and done well. Well done to him.

He's done enough to be considered 3rd choice in my view. Webby will have to bide his time. A player I like, but he's had, what 10 x 6 weeks ish injuries since he's been here? You just can't build together the form to achieve your potential.

Dunk
Van Hecke
Igor
Webby
Veltman

Is the CB pecking order in my opinion
I'd move each Dutchman up a place

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There was a bit of rewriting history about him when RDZ got the boot. He's always been alright. Capable of a blinder or a stinker. But he's a useful squad player.
Sorry Terry, disagree.

He was awful at times under RdZ, (and I don’t recall any blinders), often out of position, ponderous on the ball and struggled in most games, but yesterday was his best game by some margin, and if he plays to that level he’s a good understudy.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Sorry Terry, disagree.

He was awful at times under RdZ, (and I don’t recall any blinders), often out of position, ponderous on the ball and struggled in most games, but yesterday was his best game by some margin, and if he plays to that level he’s a good understudy.
Well i disagree. Yesterday might have been his best game but he was very good in Athens, when we beat Marseille at the Amex, when we won a hard game v Brentford last Christmas time and I'm sure, plenty of others. He was however involved in the Roma and Luton debacles.

Basically, he's not a bad player. But not as good as JP or Dunk.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well i disagree. Yesterday might have been his best game but he was very good in Athens, when we beat Marseille at the Amex, when we won a hard game v Brentford last Christmas time and I'm sure, plenty of others. He was however involved in the Roma and Luton debacles.

Basically, he's not a bad player. But not as good as JP or Dunk.
That’s fair enough, will have to disagree.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I have to say I’m coming round to Igor being a solid part of the squad. He’s not been hugely noticeable for me watching the last couple of matches, but he just quietly gets on with it, and every now and then there’s a moment of real quality on the ball.

I’m slowly becoming a fan.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I have to say I’m coming round to Igor being a solid part of the squad. He’s not been hugely noticeable for me watching the last couple of matches, but he just quietly gets on with it, and every now and then there’s a moment of real quality on the ball.

I’m slowly becoming a fan.
What I think we can say with certainty, is that the posters who just dismissed him as shit, are completely wrong.

He's been solid and effective and has done a decent job for us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What I think we can say with certainty, is that the posters who just dismissed him as shit, are completely wrong.

He's been solid and effective and has done a decent job for us.
I declared him shit after his showing on our Europa League debut, against AEK. And I (and anyone else expressing that) was absolutely not 'completely wrong'. He really was utterly dreadful.

But he's proven to be a far better player than he looked that night, so fair play.

He's really not good enough to be anything more than a back up though - he just switches off, too often. Even yesterday, in a game being held up as his 'best yet', it was him who switched off and played Isak onside for what should have been the game's opening goal.

1729517980066.png

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I declared him shit after his showing on our Europa League debut, against AEK. And I (and anyone else expressing that) was absolutely not 'completely wrong'. He really was utterly dreadful.
OK

But you have presumably observed that there have been other players who, for whatever reason have put in a bad performance for the club, but who are not shit?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Oh and yes, you're right that he's in the wrong position here.

But if you tried, you could dig out a still from this season of every member of our backline who's got caught following a man rather than holding the line. Veltman against Forest, Ferdi against Spurs both cost us goals. And as for the Chelsea game!

This way of playing is going to take a lot of getting used to for our defenders. A minor lapse in concentration can easily result in a big chance. But it's got us up to 5th

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
OK

But you have presumably observed that there have been other players who, for whatever reason have put in a bad performance for the club, but who are not shit?
And so are you happy that you weren't a bit hasty in labelling him shit after that one bad game?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And so are you happy that you weren't a bit hasty in labelling him shit after that one bad game?
Well that depends if I labelled him as 'shit', or as 'shit in that game'. Because the former would be premature, and thus harsh. the latter would have been entirely correct.

Anyhow - go to page 25 of this thread, and you'll see that I already accepted very clearly, that he IS better than my initial fears:

I’d like it on the official NSC record, that I was completely WRONG about Igor, after witnessing his first performance at home to AEK.

That’s not to say he’s wasn’t awful that night - but based on that showing - clumsy, careless and painfully slow - I wrote him off.

I did so way too soon, as it turns out. He’s made constant improvement game on game, and I’d actually keep him in alongside Dunk (over JPVH) on Saturday.

He simply cannot have been fit in that first game and probably shouldn’t have been asked to play it.

Anyway. Me = wrong. Igor = decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here