Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

House of fools on in 5 mins BBC 2

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I was really worried as the first two clips they kept showing in the trailer weren't funny, but strangely they were the weakest of the half hour.
I've seen every thing they've done, been to Shooting Stars and the filming of Bang Bang (very underrated).
They'll never better the genius of Catterick though which I've watched over and over again (even more underrated), so yes, I was worried.

But this was funny, and Vic n Bob just can't do unfunny. They're the closest to M&W we have, they can't act or dance but make up for it in stupidity.

Again, I think I've seen everything Matt Berry has done, really enjoyed Snuffbox and Toast, so even if the sitcom was terrible he'd still be worth watching. I could just listen to him talk for hours.

The only bit that I didn't really get was the son, but maybe cos he kept reminding me of Gus.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Again, I think I've seen everything Matt Berry has done, really enjoyed Snuffbox and Toast, so even if the sitcom was terrible he'd still be worth watching. I could just listen to him talk for hours.

He's pretty much the same in real life as most of his characters. If you rolled Bambridge, Reynholm and Beef into one, yes, you've got Matt Berry...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So I sat down and watched it last night.

Much better than the trailer suggested it would be. Just SILLY.

Half hour of silly is fun because your swamped in it. 20 seconds of silly, out of context, often look terrible....which is why the adverts concerned me so.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
I love V&B right from Big Night Out days. Seen them on tour several times blah blah blah... but I was slightly underwhelmed by HoF. Of course they are brilliant, great at being surreal and so on but I found some of it a bit predictable. Some of the stuff was funny, Matt Berry is excellent and it's certainly not tripe or a pure embarrassment. It's just when you hold it up to Catterick and The Weekenders then you feel you are watching something that does not reach the level it could do.

Of course, I will be watching all the rest of the series, I just hope it improves with more viewings.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I love V&B right from Big Night Out days. Seen them on tour several times blah blah blah... but I was slightly underwhelmed by HoF. Of course they are brilliant, great at being surreal and so on but I found some of it a bit predictable. Some of the stuff was funny, Matt Berry is excellent and it's certainly not tripe or a pure embarrassment. It's just when you hold it up to Catterick and The Weekenders then you feel you are watching something that does not reach the level it could do.

Of course, I will be watching all the rest of the series, I just hope it improves with more viewings.

I'm hoping they're at that middle age period where this kind of slapstick silliness is perfect for their age, and in 20 years time they'll create a piece of monumental brilliance about two eccentric old timers, maybe an update of Tom Fun and Derek.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Was no one else bothered about how old Bob looks? I know it's irrelevant, but I couldn't help thinking it all the time I was watching him.

Apart from that, I enjoyed it. Especially his son.

Will they be re releasing "Day Trip To Bangor" as a tie in to the series? I don't think the contortions that Bob gets himself into are appropriate for a man of his age - two months younger than me but looks a lot older.

PS just looked at Mr M's Twitter - that is barking mad as well.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Wasn't a great episode this week, but it still tickled the more Beef and Eric came into it, and the snoring of the word PORK had me in hysterics for a few minutes, in fact even now does.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Also found very funny Bob Mortimer's Wotsits wig when i watched him interviewed last weekend.

BYK7Ah8IgAAHtob.jpg

I feel House of Fools is what the BBC should be doing more of, they stopped taking chances on comedy over the last few years. I know Vic & Bob aren't new comedians but their comedy doesn't fall to the lowest common denominator, we need more variety in the comedy on our television! Anyway, I bloody love it!

Matt Berry is probably the most talented comedians in the country at the moment...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Matt Berry is amazing. However I turned off after 10 mins of this second episode. All a bit much. Like that wotsit wig though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here