Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

House of fools on in 5 mins BBC 2

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Matt Berry as Dr Sanchez in Garth Marenghis Dark place is brilliant, if you havent seen it check it out. Im at work so cant inbed any clips, however theres one seen where a women is turning into brocholli and he brings her a egg in soup, if anyone can find it, good clip.

Enjoying the series so far, think it will continue to get better. the neighbour is really fit too (more so in real life).

Odd that the BBC got rid of shooting stars but then comissioned this but continue with dross like mock the week and NMTBC.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Matt Berry as Dr Sanchez in Garth Marenghis Dark place is brilliant, if you havent seen it check it out. Im at work so cant inbed any clips, however theres one seen where a women is turning into brocholli and he brings her a egg in soup, if anyone can find it, good clip.

Enjoying the series so far, think it will continue to get better. the neighbour is really fit too (more so in real life).

Odd that the BBC got rid of shooting stars but then comissioned this but continue with dross like mock the week and NMTBC.

There are several rather sad formulaic "topical " panel shows these days, many having the same old tired format which provides a work for fringe/unknown alleged comedians. NMTBC is one of the tiredest but Mock the Week with the Durdle O'Gurgle doing his Shrek act is the worst. QI is showing its age a little, HIGNFY is still clever, just, and A Question of Sport really needs to be put out of it's misery. Matt Dawson is insufferable as he shows us his full range of shouting and gurning skills.

As for episode 3, this was the weakest so far, will hang in there for Matt Berry.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
There are several rather sad formulaic "topical " panel shows these days, many having the same old tired format which provides a work for fringe/unknown alleged comedians. NMTBC is one of the tiredest but Mock the Week with the Durdle O'Gurgle doing his Shrek act is the worst. QI is showing its age a little, HIGNFY is still clever, just, and A Question of Sport really needs to be put out of it's misery. Matt Dawson is insufferable as he shows us his full range of shouting and gurning skills.

As for episode 3, this was the weakest so far, will hang in there for Matt Berry.

1 and 2 v.g. ("gauntlet" and "flaunt it"....I liked that). 3 - could do better. Let`s see.

I thought episode 3 was well up to barking mad standard. You just knew what was going to happen when they were trying to be quiet in the kitchen but I still laughed so much I thought my socks would never dry.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
I thought this week had some decent moments "German Honeymoon Horses" made me chuckle as did Bosh's inability to stop saying "Ya ****" to his probation officer. Also enjoyed Julie climbing onto a chair with the giant black peppermill in the background.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Just watching this on catch up, there isn't enough of this anarchic comedy these days. This is brilliant......you tw@t!

I agree that for some reason Bosh saying 'you tw*t' at the end of every sentence is very funny... not really sure why!

Thought last nights was the weakest yet.

Anyone not able to wait until next week for more lunacy will enjoy this.

[yt]wKsSNhFWZXs[/yt]

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I agree that for some reason Bosh saying 'you tw*t' at the end of every sentence is very funny... not really sure why!

Thought last nights was the weakest yet.

Anyone not able to wait until next week for more lunacy will enjoy this.

[yt]wKsSNhFWZXs[/yt]

Have to disagree, the slow rat thing and the flashback sequences were inspirational nonsense. As for the plastic frying pan gag, true brilliance. What was the name of the shop he bought it from? Can't remember but it too was a hilarious name. By far and away the best output form these wacky chaps, I just love it! You tw@t!

TNBA

TTTF

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm really enjoying the series, with Mr Berry and the next door nympho stealing scenes. I've never got on with Dan Skinner though, and You **** doesn't tickle me.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Have to disagree, the slow rat thing and the flashback sequences were inspirational nonsense. As for the plastic frying pan gag, true brilliance. What was the name of the shop he bought it from? Can't remember but it too was a hilarious name. By far and away the best output form these wacky chaps, I just love it! You tw@t!

TNBA

TTTF

Krusty Kens Kitchen Shithouse

According to Mr. Mortimer's tweet feed (he is a fully trained Solicitor did you know?) BBC have commissioned a second series of "House of Fools".

Infantile humour with a reliance on physical violence gags and toilet/schoolboy humour and a strong debt to rubbish '60's/70's domestic sitcoms, usually from ITV.

I loved it, can't wait.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Good stuff, also for Matt Berry fans, the excellent Toast of London has also been given a 2nd series to be shown on C4 later this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here