Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you put the heating on yet? (2024/25 edition)

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Shorts and t-shirt. Temperature 26 today getting down to a chilly 23 tonight.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Mrs Cottager has just told me she's turning the heating on tonight as she's got some of her lady friends coming round. Thing is, since we got a new boiler and controller, she doesn't know how to and I'm going to be keeping warm in the pub.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Don't people just leave their heating on a thermostat? Ours is on all year, but only actually turns on when it's cold (like it did in early September).
This is the logical way to do it from an automated perspective however, a chilly nip overnight could well be overcome when the sun rises around the time you get up in the morning. Knowing the temperature will rise naturally allows you to override the heating controller and save some $$$.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Started the schedule for mornings, as it’s a bit chilly first thing and I’ve an older person in the house and two residents who do an awful lot of washing that needs to be dried….still working in shorts though and will be up until the end of the month

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think it was October 25th last year. So far so good.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It popped on this morning as the 18 degree threshold was broken although Mrs PS with her hot flushes would leave it off until the indoor temp went arctic minus degrees

You say this like it's a bad thing :wink:

(Still in shorts and T in the kitchen, although I have taken to wearing trousers when out, started against Spurs)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Had a few 30-minute blasts in the morning this week.

I'm up at 6 and out to walk the dog (in shorts, obvs) but Mrs B feels the cold a lot more than me, so I turn it on from 6:30-7:00 to lift the chill off the place so when she gets up for a shower it feels a bit more pleasant.

It was down to 15.8 degrees this morning at 6:30 - I've had my annual reminder at how shit my house is for keeping warm air in/cold air out.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm betting on Dec 1st ....at the earliest.

Shorts still on but socks have been donned.

We're not made of money and I fear there are tough times ahead.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Still sticking to not putting it on until at least November. Having to get the log burner going in the evening though to keep Mrs Giraffe from moaning.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Mrs Cottager has just told me she's turning the heating on tonight as she's got some of her lady friends coming round. Thing is, since we got a new boiler and controller, she doesn't know how to and I'm going to be keeping warm in the pub.
F**k! I just crept in from the pub and it's like a sauna. The gas engineer had left all the radiator valves open to balance the system and 'bleed the radiators'. Needless to say, I've now turned them all down / off (except for the ones in the room in which the 'entertaining is happening).

#Putaveston

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here