Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has Dunk peaked?

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have been thinking about Potters departure and how this will affect the squad, maybe some unrest and disappointment amongst the players. Potter clearly gained the trust of the players and has brought new skill sets to many, he will be missed some of the players may feel let down. I also wonder was everyone happy, will there be one or two players that thought, phew I am glad he has gone ?
De Zerbi arrival over the last few days has brought new optimism around the club, which is good and he seems like he should not have to change too much to begin with, due to his playing style being similar, but one of the main things he needs is the players trust and respect.

There is no one at the club that screams Brighton & Hove Albion more than Lewis, he has probably been pivotal in keeping certain players feet on the ground, having seen several managers come and go during his time here.

Dunk has by no means peaked, he is maturing into a legend, and I hope he can help bridge that gap between players and De Zerbi.

Right now, I think he is the most important player at the club

Sarisbury Seagull

Solly March Fan Club
NSC Patron
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I have been thinking about Potters departure and how this will affect the squad, maybe some unrest and disappointment amongst the players. Potter clearly gained the trust of the players and has brought new skill sets to many, he will be missed some of the players may feel let down. I also wonder was everyone happy, will there be one or two players that thought, phew I am glad he has gone ?
De Zerbi arrival over the last few days has brought new optimism around the club, which is good and he seems like he should not have to change too much to begin with, due to his playing style being similar, but one of the main things he needs is the players trust and respect.

There is no one at the club that screams Brighton & Hove Albion more than Lewis, he has probably been pivotal in keeping certain players feet on the ground, having seen several managers come and go during his time here.

Dunk has by no means peaked, he is maturing into a legend, and I hope he can help bridge that gap between players and De Zerbi.

You're right, he probably is but not just in terms of influence and being captain, on the pitch tactically he, along with Webster, Veltman and Sanchez are also going to be a massive part of how we play from now on with De Zerbi's want to draw the opposition into our penalty area. It's going to be another learning curve for them, I hope we as fans are patient as there will undoubtedly be mistakes but hopefully overall a greater reward.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Agreed. With Welbz and Lallana close behind because of their careers and Gross because of his experience.

De Zerbi might not have the degree in EI but he obviously is a very good man manager per all accounts of him improving Berardi, Locatelli and the Sassuolo squad.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Agreed. With Welbz and Lallana close behind because of their careers and Gross because of his experience.

De Zerbi might not have the degree in EI but he obviously is a very good man manager per all accounts of him improving Berardi, Locatelli and the Sassuolo squad.

And this, "He’s more than a coach,” Obiang said of De Zerbi. “He tries to be a teacher and that’s why we change formation a lot.

“He always says that ‘I don’t like to just give you guys one possibility, I want to give you more and then, on the pitch, you can decide how we play’. Other players study us, so we know we have to change."

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
And this, "He’s more than a coach,” Obiang said of De Zerbi. “He tries to be a teacher and that’s why we change formation a lot.

“He always says that ‘I don’t like to just give you guys one possibility, I want to give you more and then, on the pitch, you can decide how we play’. Other players study us, so we know we have to change."

Great. Just listened to the Athletic podcast linked on the De Zerbi thread and it said that Sussuolo had more players in the Italy squad than any other club. Listed a load of players they bought cheap, developed and sold for big bucks. All indications are that he makes better what he has.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here