Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has Dunk peaked?

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Lewis Dunk will let us know when he is done ,he is a rare player that only comes around once in a blue(and white) moon . They talk about players that go the extra mile , well Lewis does ,he does now and he always has for us . I was lucky when i started watching The Albion because the first star i saw was Fred Binney that was 74 ,but my first games were 73 when they let you in at half time for free in The Chicken Run. I wish so bad that i could remember my first game ,i envy those that can put their finger on the actual "Moment" you became a Brighton & Hove Albion supporter .

Ward and Mellor were like coke to an addict or not washing to a palace fan, i saw the 7-2 midweek game vYork (2-2 ht) 4 for Ward and 3 for Mellor ,i was in the North Stand but at the front for some reason ,normally at the back if possible ,i saw Spider shoot from the left and knew it was in the side of the net before the keeper did , all of us in that few yards could see the net bulge - a piece of heaven on earth to be there .

You can go back as far as you choose but Lewis Dunk matches them all , we don`t have a history like Man Utd , ours is much better because we didn`t buy it , we built it with players like Fred Binney,Peter Ward ,Ian Mellor,and lewis Dunk . Never forget players like Brian Horton and especially at this moment Peter "Sully" O`Sullivan . No apologies for the rant . UTA

I have been reminded that my facts are wrong ,i genuinely apologise , i have obviously mixed the scorers from the York game and the Walsall game , but my sentiments stay the same . Thankyou

Last edited:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Lewis Dunk will let us know when he is done ,he is a rare player that only comes around once in a blue(and white) moon . They talk about players that go the extra mile , well Lewis does ,he does now and he always has for us . I was lucky when i started watching The Albion because the first star i saw was Fred Binney that was 74 ,but my first games were 73 when they let you in at half time for free in The Chicken Run. I wish so bad that i could remember my first game ,i envy those that can put their finger on the actual "Moment" you became a Brighton & Hove Albion supporter .

Ward and Mellor were like coke to an addict or not washing to a palace fan, i saw the 7-2 midweek game vYork (2-2 ht) 4 for Ward and 3 for Mellor ,i was in the North Stand but at the front for some reason ,normally at the back if possible ,i saw Spider shoot from the left and knew it was in the side of the net before the keeper did , all of us in that few yards could see the net bulge - a piece of heaven on earth to be there .

You can go back as far as you choose but Lewis Dunk matches them all , we don`t have a history like Man Utd , ours is much better because we didn`t buy it , we built it with players like Fred Binney,Peter Ward ,Ian Mellor,and lewis Dunk . Never forget players like Brian Horton and especially at this moment Peter "Sully" O`Sullivan . No apologies for the rant . UTA

Ward 4 Mellor 3 was the Walsall 7-0 midweek game and was 0-0 at HT.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

York was a Saturday game

all seven goals against Walsall where scored in the South stand

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Can we sort a permanent Lewis Dunk banner for somewhere in the Amex? The grey wall behind the north stand? The man needs some more appreciation!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Your memory is shit.

:lolol: :wink:

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

I`m sorry i was there as well ,AM threw the cups of tea and made the team stand in the snow/sleet in the middle ,just poor memory but as i say i was at both. But the Mellor goal i described must have been York .

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

I went to both games , i remember the tea tray incident and the lads being sent out early ,AM said these people are here in the cold to see you and they paid so earn yours -or words to the effect ,i have just got the goalscorer`s for the two games round the wrong way -sorry and thankyou for putting me right .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dunks major flaw against a bouncing ball, going back to goal with a striker on his back is why he shouldn’t be near an England squad unfortunately. More mental than ability but he looks nervous every time

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Dunks major flaw against a bouncing ball, going back to goal with a striker on his back is why he shouldn’t be near an England squad unfortunately. More mental than ability but he looks nervous every time

So no defenders have flaws? Blimey harsh to say no where near especially considering the current form of those being considered

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So no defenders have flaws? Blimey harsh to say no where near especially considering the current form of those being considered

Of course but Dunk has had this one for a good few years now. Given England concede very little goals in major tournaments then compared to the others it is a bit glaring.

Like I said more mental than actual ability I’d imagine

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Of course but Dunk has had this one for a good few years now. Given England concede very little goals in major tournaments then compared to the others it is a bit glaring.

Like I said more mental than actual ability I’d imagine

I think Dunk the PL player has made very few errors, though today was a howler. Dunk the championship player definitely had the that type of mistake in him.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I can’t help thinking a big reason for our good form this year starts with Dunk.
This season he’s got the ball, one touch and then a purposeful pass forward or out to the wing to get a move started.
Previously he’s got the ball from Sanchez, dithered, dribbled slowly, three or four touches, then passed sideways or backwards.
Big change in tempo from the start of the move which I think really helps us be more positive in our build up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I can’t help thinking a big reason for our good form this year starts with Dunk.
This season he’s got the ball, one touch and then a purposeful pass forward or out to the wing to get a move started.
Previously he’s got the ball from Sanchez, dithered, dribbled slowly, three or four touches, then passed sideways or backwards.
Big change in tempo from the start of the move which I think really helps us be more positive in our build up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that change comes from the manager, or do you think Dunk decided to change the way he plays with no input from above?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
An OG, then a defensive howler.

Dunk OUT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here