Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Good Bye Great Britain

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Maybe the EU is just saying as we're no longer part of the EU, we're not entitled to wave their flag any more? That'll upset a few people (and I don't mean Daily Mail readers either!)

It doesn’t upset me, but it annoys me! And no, I’m not a Daily Mail reader.

When we registered our Motorhome in 2019, we asked to have the European GB thing on the number plate, but the dealer would have done that anyway unless we had specifically requested not to have it. The most I might do is cover it up if forced to. I’m certainly not going to replace it.:thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A Department for Transport spokesperson said: "Changing the national identifier from GB to UK symbolises our unity as a nation and is part of a wider move towards using the UK signifier across government.

Yeah, feel really ****ing unified now my car needs a UK sticker in France, felt so disjointed with GB on the boot. How about they address the chances of me actually being able to fill the ****ing car up with fuel to get there, instead of making another problem for me if I ever get to Calais?

I got to Calais on 18th September after 14 days over there. No queues, plenty of cheap diesel, and a magnetic GB badge. Next year I’ll have a magnetic UK badge and a bit of masking tape for the number plate.

Somewhere there is a Tory donor/crony manufacturing selling number plates and badges.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-30 at 08.25.20.jpeg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
So if Scotland leave, we will be the DisUnited Kingdom.........Once United Kingdom.........singular Kingdom........

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
None of us have thought through the mahoosive ramifications of this decision.

What will GBTV be known as in the future?

UKTV is already taken.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm not changing mine. been there a long time. No plate hand painted in Worthing February 1962. Mudlfap relatively new from a Euro trip to Italy in '97 Li125EU.jpg

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The ‘Great’ is a geographical term, not a measure of the country’s superiority.

Quite.

The French call it Gros Brittania, and the Germans call it Großbritannien don't they?

Which means, er, fat Britain :lolol:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
A Department for Transport spokesperson said: "Changing the national identifier from GB to UK symbolises our unity as a nation and is part of a wider move towards using the UK signifier across government.

Yeah, feel really ****ing unified now my car needs a UK sticker in France, felt so disjointed with GB on the boot. How about they address the chances of me actually being able to fill the ****ing car up with fuel to get there, instead of making another problem for me if I ever get to Calais?

Just convert your car to run on sovereignty and you’ll be sorted :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here