Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frankel, did you see that ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is this the best horse ever ? again ?

Get back to your gardening threads turnip head. This thread is for the lover of The Sport of Kings, paying homage to the greatest horse in history.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Just watched this at half time. Wow.

Thanks for the link, first chance I've had to see the race, what else can you say that the other posters haven't already said,totally awesome performance and still looks like its improving, wow!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Get back to your gardening threads turnip head. This thread is for the lover of The Sport of Kings, paying homage to the greatest horse in history.

Who he ? there are so many I can't keep up... there is a new one every day when they do the 5live racing bit with Luke Harvey

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who he ? there are so many I can't keep up... there is a new one every day when they do the 5live racing bit with Luke Harvey

I,d turn the volume up then if you haven,t heard . . . .who he.
Those contact lenses certainly worked for you but I,d give a hearing aid a go now as well.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What's this pace making bullshit? Is that a joke or do they really do that?

yes sausage, they do........it ensures a pace that warrants the occasion and race that warrants the prestige........unlike the ozzie racing game which is normally a "sit and sprint" affair.......it's a shame frankel and black caviar won't get a go at eachother ,would be some race i reckon.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What's this pace making bullshit? Is that a joke or do they really do that?

yes sausage, they do........it ensures a pace that warrants the occasion and race that warrants the prestige........unlike the ozzie racing game which is normally a "sit and sprint" affair.......it's a shame frankel and black caviar won't get a go at eachother ,would be some race i reckon.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Thank god we don't do that out here. Horses and riders should be made to make their own luck in races, not have it set up for them.

Frankel would get rolled out here in a race like the Doncaster without a doubt.

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
Thank god we don't do that out here. Horses and riders should be made to make their own luck in races, not have it set up for them.

Frankel would get rolled out here in a race like the Doncaster without a doubt.

Or you have 2000m horses who can win the Melbourne Cup, thats a joke.

The Doncaster is a G1 handicap I believe? Every horse would be out the handicap.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Or you have 2000m horses who can win the Melbourne Cup, thats a joke.

The Doncaster is a G1 handicap I believe? Every horse would be out the handicap.

Well if they run a fast 3200 metres then they aren't simply 2000m horses are they.

The Melbourne Cup is run at a frantic pace most years and anything that can't run quickly and stay gets left far behind.

So which dedicated 2000 metre horse won the Melbourne Cup by the way?

I couldn't see Frankel doing this...

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
Well if they run a fast 3200 metres then they aren't simply 2000m horses are they.

The Melbourne Cup is run at a frantic pace most years and anything that can't run quickly and stay gets left far behind.

So which dedicated 2000 metre horse won the Melbourne Cup by the way?

I couldn't see Frankel doing this...

Where did So You Think finish when he ran in it?? Couldn't win a race over 2400m in the UK and they did consider dropping him back to 1600m.

If you couldn't see Frankel winning any race in the world then you are deluded.

Crime Scene didn't stay a yard more than 2400m over here either. Where did he finish?

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Where did So You Think finish when he ran in it?? Couldn't win a race over 2400m in the UK and they did consider dropping him back to 1600m.

If you couldn't see Frankel winning any race in the world then you are deluded.

Crime Scene didn't stay a yard more than 2400m over here either. Where did he finish?

So a high quality horse runs a place in the Melbourne Cup and that means the race is dominated by 2000 metre horses?

I didn't say I couldn't see Frankel winning one of those races, I'm saying I don't see him being able to do the Doncaster/Epsom double let alone seeing him do it in back to back years.

It makes me laugh you have a jockey looking over his shoulder to see where another horse is so he can set the pace for him.

Watch that youtube of Super Impose and watch how a champion horse wins a race on his own merit.

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
"Or you have 2000m horses who can win the Melbourne Cup" Not quite sure I said dominate and what I did say was "can win." The horse that won it 3 times won over 7f in the last year it won it. So You Think isn't that a high quality horse. He is actually an average G1 horse, there have been many better over recent years. But Crime Scene he's really high class!

As for Frankel, you've obviously seen the 2000 Guineas and most of his 3yo races? The Sussex? Pacemakers were good in that. He didn't obliterate high class fields on his own then, did he? He'd pick up Super Impose and carry him.

When discussing certain things it helps if you know some of the facts. He didn't even need a pacemaker yesterday. And until I see Black Caviar run on Saturday and clock the fractions I think he'd beat her over 6f.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The only horse I have ever seen win a Group 1 mile contest by such a margin was Hawk Wing and that appears to have been a fluke, Frankel 11/11 and only once has had to dig deep. You wouldn't say Usain Bolt is an inferior athlete because he didn't win the 1500m at this years olympics and that is why to me Frankel is the best ever horse I've seen in 30 years of following the sport

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
"Or you have 2000m horses who can win the Melbourne Cup" Not quite sure I said dominate and what I did say was "can win." The horse that won it 3 times won over 7f in the last year it won it. So You Think isn't that a high quality horse. He is actually an average G1 horse, there have been many better over recent years.

As for Frankel, you've obviously seen the 2000 Guineas and most of his 3yo races? The Sussex? Pacemakers were good in that. He didn't obliterate high class fields on his own then, did he? He'd pick up Super Impose and carry him.

When discussing certain things it helps if you know some of the facts. He didn't even need a pacemaker yesterday. And until I see Black Caviar run on Saturday and clock the fractions I think he'd beat her over 6f.

The 2011 Sussex Stakes? Is that a race he won racing against 3 other horses? I mean really, a race with 4 horses? What kind of garbage race is that?

The Queen Elizabeth with Bullet Train as pacemaker means he's got another horse setting a pace that means it won't ever win the race? If a jockey rode a horse like that out there they'd get suspended for not giving their mount the best chance to win the race.

I'm genuinely interested. Does he ever race against fields of 12-14 or more horses around bends? They all seem to be small fields up straight tracks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here