Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Foods you wish you had tried sooner.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
When I lived in Greece I would buy Octopus from the kids at the harbour for a £1 or something straight on the hot coals absolutely delicious.
Our neighbour goes home to Italy every summer, and he was telling us that he dives for octopus, catches it, and eats it raw straight from the sea. Cant say Im tempted tbh...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I always understood that bass refers to a specific distinct species whereas sea bass is a variety of saltwater fish that may not truly be bass in the truest sense.

This is made more complex because bass can be caught in saline as well as freshwater as they can migrate from shallow sea water up to freshwater through estuaries

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I always understood that bass refers to a specific distinct species whereas sea bass is a variety of saltwater fish that may not truly be bass in the truest sense.

This is made more complex because bass can be caught in saline as well as freshwater as they can migrate from shallow sea water up to freshwater through estuaries
Indeed, some larger specimens have been caught a considerable way up the Arun and Adur.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here