Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Final MOTD 2019/20

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Nobody does a montage quite like the Beeb though.

Not long now until the new season.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We got half a second in the end of season montage

Pricks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Ah well, at least MotD included AJ's goal in their season montage, Sky didn't. Our only appearance was a split second of a turn from Trossard at Everton.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I always hope for some decent analysis but I’m disappointed every time

Indeed. The Stephens penalty incident that they concentrated on because it was raised by Dissembling Dyche could have been given, but couldn't be overturned because it wasn't a clear and obvious mistake. If i understand that, why doesn't a PL manager and three people paid stupid money to give expert opinion?

Whilst focusing on this non incident they didn't bother showing the chance that Ali Mac should have scored, nor the penalty shout on Lamptey, that was pretty identical, but not raised by Potter because, unlike Dyche, he is not a manager who blames refereeing decisions for his team's every failure.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I fell asleep and woke up right as the final montage was playing so I rewound it to see the highlights and analysis of our match.

I really shouldn't have bothered.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I didn’t watch the game live but just seen the highlights and they said, they’re just checking if the ball was out of play for the Connolly goal. When this happened on the game against Man United, they said it wasn’t in VAR’s remit to check. So found it strange the MOTD commentator said it was being checked. Was it reviewed during the game ?

It was, ridiculously - there wasn't a camera running along the byline to be able to accurately check anyway, so a waste of everyone's time.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It was, ridiculously - there wasn't a camera running along the byline to be able to accurately check anyway, so a waste of everyone's time.

This.

Get Hawkeye covering all 4 lines if your going to start looking at it to disallow goals.

Ridiculous

Connolly's face during the VAR check showed how much he needed the goal.
To have such an exquisite goal chalked off for an officials opinion of out of play, would have been a travesty.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I didn’t watch the game live but just seen the highlights and they said, they’re just checking if the ball was out of play for the Connolly goal. When this happened on the game against Man United, they said it wasn’t in VAR’s remit to check. So found it strange the MOTD commentator said it was being checked. Was it reviewed during the game ?

Nearly started my own thread on this - but did do something similar about VAR still favouring big clubs. Only thing I’d say is Man Us was further back in the move, but still...!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Haha yeh very good point! There’s no way, even if the ball ‘looked’ clearly out, they could judge from that angle. Would have to be a dead along the line camera like they have for the goal line. Whoever was running VAR yesterday really did seem a ‘look at me’ merchant!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
This.

Get Hawkeye covering all 4 lines if your going to start looking at it to disallow goals.

Ridiculous

Connolly's face during the VAR check showed how much he needed the goal.
To have such an exquisite goal chalked off for an officials opinion of out of play, would have been a travesty.

According to Dyche it was a poor goal to concede defensively. He’s such a gravel box voiced sourpuss.

If one of his bonehead players had fought off a defender, bullied his way into the box and made the otherwise excellent keeper look poor he’d have been barking his fat head off about it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Haha yeh very good point! There’s no way, even if the ball ‘looked’ clearly out, they could judge from that angle. Would have to be a dead along the line camera like they have for the goal line. Whoever was running VAR yesterday really did seem a ‘look at me’ merchant!

Particularly with the amount of time it took. Had me, and clearly Connolly, worried it would be chalked off.

One half glance at a replay should suffice.

"Clear and obvious? Nah looks in play to me."

10 seconds max.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here