Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Felix Baumgartner - highest freefall

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I heard about this on radio 4 this morning. A couple of things to add:

1) Coverage isn't strictly live. Delayed by 20 seconds so they can pull it if it all ends in tears.

2) He will be doing a bunny hop from the launch platform. The bunny hop is crucial apparently as he needs a clean 'jump' so he doesn't spin out of control in an air current or something or another :shrug:

Nothing more to add though in terms of him being a loon.

Edit: Oh, and apparently that far up it will be pitch black anyway.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How is this actually measured? Could he just go up until we can't see him any more and claim he went a lot further than he actually is? Or is there someone up there in place to officially confirm his height?!

Amazing bravery, fair play to the man. I get vertigo going up to the top level of Churchill Square so I have a lot of respect for this crazy bastard.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The balloon is inflating, and we have sound

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Volume on now. They've just called it off for today. Too windy.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Too windy. Abort, Abort.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Send in Kay. " How do you feel Felix? Are you off to change your underpants now? Are you disappointed?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I bet old Felix there has no fear whatsoever. He can't have to be doing it in the first place. There's people like that I believe.

My next door neighbour when I was growing up was a small time loon. Used to climb every tree going, the higher and harder the better, and test out every single rickety bike ramp that any kid on the estate set up out of random bricks and old planks of wood. He was like our willing guinea pig. Ironically, the only time I ever saw him injured was when he slipped walking normally down an ordinary grass bank and broke his arm :lol:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I bet old Felix there has no fear whatsoever. He can't have to be doing it in the first place. There's people like that I believe.

My next door neighbour when I was growing up was a small time loon. Used to climb every tree going, the higher and harder the better, and test out every single rickety bike ramp that any kid on the estate set up out of random bricks and old planks of wood. He was like our willing guinea pig. Ironically, the only time I ever saw him injured was when he slipped walking normally down an ordinary grass bank and broke his arm :lol:

The maddest thing is that Felix appently suffers from claustrophobia and even back in 2010, just ran away from a training session. He has had to work with psycologists to be able to wear the suit for long periods and get into the capsule. Perhaps thats what will make it easier for him to jump out.

After that peep show clip posted earlier I like to think it was offically cancelled due to him being hungry...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here