Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Felix Baumgartner - highest freefall

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
This was done before in 1959 by Joseph Kittinger,I found out by listening to a dramatisation on BBC4, there was a hole smaller than a pin prick in Kittenger's suit and the fear was his organs could have been sucked out through it, it is madness

EDIT: apologies I didnt see in the link the mention of Kittinger at first, Ill now just keep qiute

I am sure Kittenger is a big player in the Red Bull team putting this together over the last few years.

Excuse the Pun but a big jumo for Felix to make from leaping off buildings to leaping out of space and falling back to earth.

A good interview with Jo in Austria working on the programmw with Felix

Joe Kittinger | Red Bull Stratos

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Going to have to see this. The man has balls of steel.

I remember seeing a documentary about the Kittinger jump years ago. Apparently the air is so thin up there it took a minute or two for him to even feel any wind. Weird.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Highest freefall of all time

Cannot find a recent thread on this, surprised.

Felix Baumgartner (Skydiver, basejumper etc) is about to go 25 MILES into the air and freefall, breaking the speed of sound in the process.

Can be watched live here:

http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Got radio 2 on at work today they've been talking about It loads hope his parachute works , what a rush it would be falling from that height

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
If we all start slow clapping and shouting JUMP JUMP, do you think he might do it?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Is that distant grey dot travelling through the sky the craft?

No most the things I was getting excited about (when it was still dark) have all turned out to be bugs on the lense.

When the camera angles change you can see the craft on the ground and an air stream caravan which I imagine Felix is in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here