Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2024

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Three years on and we're still seeing the same tactics he tried against Hamilton time after time on the exit of T4 at Interlagos 2021 go unquestioned.
Yep, winning by miles it’s clear he’s learned absolutely nothing and the FIA are determined to let him get away with it

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I don’t disagree with that at all. But the strategy call, with the benefit of hindsight, should have been give the place back and go again under DRS. The second they held the place they made the decision the stewards’ and not McLaren’s.
Both cars left the track so McLaren believed there would be no penalty. They didn't factor in the FIA bias towards RB.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Also what I will say is I'm glad the fastest lap is going.

Alpine being really pathetic taking a point away from Williams similar to how VCARB gifted Ricciardo the fastest lap last time out. Hope they enjoy celebrating their 12th and 18th place tonight. Okay I understand it in their position for money reasons as it could make a difference, but it does make you look tin pot.

Genuinely mighty impressive from Colapinto to have had it up until then with a genuine race strategy and no late race housery. The guy is good! And exactly what Williams needed, if Albon is having a bad race they now have someone else who can share the load a bit which is massive.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Unguarded Toto is always good fun

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Fair play to Ferrari - a masterful performance.

2. I think Norris was unlucky to get that penalty.at the end.

3. I'm glad they got rid of 1 point for fastest lap. It was a naive gimmick that should never have seen the light of day.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Both cars left the track so McLaren believed there would be no penalty. They didn't factor in the FIA bias towards RB.
Even Crofty and Brundle thought it would clearly be a penalty for Norris, in fact they thought it would be 10s and they're extremely biased against Max.

The difference between the Russell situation and Max/Norris situation is Russell was the overtaking car on the inside whilst Max was the defending car on the inside.

Bottas would have made the corner were it not for Russell, Norris locked up and would have gone wide anyway.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Even Crofty and Brundle thought it would clearly be a penalty for Norris, in fact they thought it would be 10s and they're extremely biased against Max.

The difference between the Russell situation and Max/Norris situation is Russell was the overtaking car on the inside whilst Max was the defending car on the inside.

Bottas would have made the corner were it not for Russell, Norris locked up and would have gone wide anyway.
Max deliberately braked too late to make the corner in order to stay ahead at the apex and force Lando off the track.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Max deliberately braked too late to make the corner in order to stay ahead at the apex and force Lando off the track.
And Lando locked his brakes into the corner suggesting he also braked too late and would have missed the corner.

The same thing happened earlier in the season but the other way round at Hungary and Max gave the position back because he wasn't ahead at the apex.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
MV was ahead at the apex so had no obligation to leave room for LN.

LN made two poor decisions IMO - he persisted with an overtake that was never going to be possible without leaving the track and then having done so failed to accept that he should give back the place.

Had LN yielded on the overtake MV may well have left the track in which case he would have had to give up the place.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Let’s be honest about this, neither McClaren or Norris are good enough, smart enough or ruthless enough to be driver Champions this season,

Thoughts on Mercedes and Lewis and George? I think Mercedes are 100% in #teamgeorge now!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Let’s be honest about this, neither McClaren or Norris are smart enough or ruthless enough to be driver Champions this season,
Yes. The last lingering chance for Lando died this weekend. Max will win again. I, like many don't like him, but I think we have to say well done him. To win a driver championship when your team mate is normally about 8th is a hell of an effort

But MacLaren can build for next season, which I think should be the most intriguing for a while

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here