Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2024

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looking forward to this. Definitely a fan of the morning or evening races being in the football season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I'm far from an expert on the rules of F1 but was Max driving like a dangerous psychopath on the first lap? He appeared to be attempting to drive Lando off the track (once again).
IMO (and I’m a Lando fan) that was totally preventable. Lando got a better start and should have closed the door on the inside or taken the normal apex / racing line. Looked to me like he was struggling with the choice and did neither.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
So Verstappen is allowed to run people off the track every single time he's under threat and if the other driver doesn't comply they get a penalty. I'm not a Norris fan, I don't mind who wins the championship, but the stewards are always so weak when it comes to Verstappen.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
And a very enjoyable battle between Lando and Max but another Papaya screw up. Should have told Norris to give the place back and go again.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So Verstappen is allowed to run people off the track every single time he's under threat and if the other driver doesn't comply they get a penalty. I'm not a Norris fan, I don't mind who wins the championship, but the stewards are always so weak when it comes to Verstappen.
Don’t agree. McLaren went all in with a worse hand.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's insane, I don't understand what Verstappen has over everyone. And Karen.....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
FIA couldn’t wait to help Red Bull out as usual

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
Don’t agree. McLaren went all in with a worse hand.
The overtake was on. Had Verstappen braked as normal he'd have been passed. But he did exactly the same as he did on the first corner of the race - gained/maintained position by braking too late with no intention to make the corner himself as long as it ran Norris off.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
If Verstappen keeps the position, he's gone off track and gained an advantage.

Don't mind lap 1, that's fine as mentioned above, it's lap 1 turn 1 racing.

But Norris only went wide because Verstappen was getting overtaken, so he braked unnecessarily late meaning he kept the position AND forced Lando wide whilst simultaneously missing the corner.

That's how I see it.

But Mclaren are idiots, Norris was never ahead at the Apex.

Basically what I'm saying it now anyone who tries an overtake around the outside, the defending car can just brake late and drive off the track and say "well I was ahead at the apex"

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The overtake was on. Had Verstappen braked as normal he'd have been passed. But he did exactly the same as he did on the first corner of the race - gained/maintained position by braking too late with no intention to make the corner himself as long as it ran Norris off.
Exactly, and he didn't make the corner....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I don’t disagree with that at all. But the strategy call, with the benefit of hindsight, should have been give the place back and go again under DRS. The second they held the place they made the decision the stewards’ and not McLaren’s.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I don’t disagree with that at all. But the strategy call, with the benefit of hindsight, should have been give the place back and go again under DRS. The second they held the place they made the decision the stewards’ and not McLaren’s.
My only thought is they thought they could get that 5 second gap more easily than trying to overtake on track again?

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
At the end of the day this season is so much better than last season. Not a great start but so many more interesting races as the season has progressed.
Agreed. 4 teams all capable, on their day, of winning races. 7 drivers having good and bad days. It's been great for the most part!

As a Williams fan as well I've been loving the midfield battles. Great stuff this season unless you're a Sauber fan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here