Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Eating Tapas

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The tortilla is the subject of much debate in Spain, where people are divided into 2 camps: the concebollistas and the sincebollistas (the with-onionists and the without-onionists. Then there's the matter of how jugoso (juicy) you like it. Personally, I side with the onionists and like it to be positively oozing.

With you on the onions for tapas but I prefer it drier and without for a bocadilla de tortilla. I worked in Spain briefly many (50) years ago and would make a tortilla then eat half for supper and take half for lunch the next day in bread. Got the eggs and potatoes free & paid a few pesetas for bread each day……..then a few pesetas more for a bottle of cheap tempranilla

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20210905-211752_Gallery.jpg

Decided to go for the Patatas Bravas, Tumbet, Pollock and Gambas (already demolished the Bombas).
Thoroughly enjoyed the experience :)

Screenshot_20210905-211900_Gallery.jpg

[MENTION=865]clapham_gull[/MENTION] recommendation on the tarta de almendra (minus custard)

:cheers:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Northcote Road end, or up in Battersea itself? I don't remember seeing a Tapas place when I was there.

It's near Battersea Park, they also have in Brixton. It's very good.

http://boqueriatapas.com/Spanish-Tapas-Menus-Battersea-Brixton.html

Also another one up there called The Tapas Room, but I've never been.

There are others come and go but nearer. There is one on St Johns Road that sells ham but they have a few tables at the back.

Wish Brindisa would open one round here. There are the company who have the shop / restaurant in Borough Market, but they supply shops and restraints all over the country with Spanish ingredients.

They have opened a shop in Balham though. I bought some Iberico pig cheeks in there and they told me how to cook them.

"You need to marinade in chopped vegetables and lager for a day"

Lager ?

"Yes, something like Stellar"

Not a Spanish Lager ?

"No, you drink that."

Last edited:

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Get yourselves over to Bilbao or San Sebastian and sample Basque Pintxos, their name for Tapas. Absolutely brilliant Cities to go to and sample the food and drink.
-Cod Cheeks (Kokotxa)
-Gambas Al Ajillo
-Padron Peppers
-Pinchos Morunos
amongst other quite delicious platters

I am salivating at the thought!

TNBA

TTF

There's not a better night out to be had than a pintxos bar hop through San Sebastian's Parte Vieja.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Going out with Mrs AR tomorrow night to a Tapas themed restaurant.
Never eaten this type of food before, so looking forward to trying this out.
Your suggestions for for eating and ordering would be appreciated.

Chicken Thighs on the right ?

That’s hardly the way to refer to another chap’s wife.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here