Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Eating Tapas

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have an excellent one in Faversham, opposite Wetherspoons. Some of the delicacies are rather local, I suspect:

pene pequeño
gato frito
pequeña cosa marrón
riñón de comadreja caliente
caracoles rebozados al ajillo
semen de perro con lima

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have an excellent one in Faversham, opposite Wetherspoons. Some of the delicacies are rather local, I suspect:

pene pequeño
gato frito
pequeña cosa marrón
semen de perro con lima

:lolol:

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Good menu, if the food as good as it should be, you’ll love it

Make sure you have the pan ali oli .. yum

And the Bacalao

That looks fantastic

Put my order in

Bombas
Tumbet
Cordero
Padron
Datiles con bacon
Pan Ali oli
Bacalao

Try the Almond tart for afters. Spanish are VERY good at making them.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Quite a few tempting looking dishes there but obviously it depends on what you fancy.

The menu recommends 2 or 3 dishes per person so ask your waiter if you can order a couple at a time then see how hungry you are (or at least ask th.to stagger the first few dishes). I tend to start an evening with something cold (especially in summer) then go fish/seafood and end with something meaty.

Buen provecho :)

You know when you go out and wish you'd ordered what everyone else ordered ?

That doesn't happen, you order a bit of everything and share it

It's that simple, enjoy :thumbsup:

*edit^

Saw the post above, order a few, and if it's not enough order a few more and repeat etc

The CROQUETAS will the bench mark. I'd have the Tumbet, fried vegetables with tomato and baked again in the oven.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Ask the restaurant if they want an authentic Flamenco dancer to perform for the diners. My wife’s flamenco teacher is absolutely fantastic and has appeared all over Europe. ..my Mrs is pretty damn good at Flamenco too

Enjoy mate

Depending on where you go portion sizes can vary so check other tables when you arrive. Depending on your appetite you might only need 2 or 3 dishes if a light eater.

Personal favourites are King prawns/Langoustines in garlic, patatas bravas, Spanish omelette or anything with an alioli (garlic & oil) dip.

Bloody love a bit of tapas!

That’s a nice menu.
You can’t go wrong.
Patatas bravas is a a personal favourite alongside more exotic options, of which octopus is a go to.

pene pequeño
gato frito
pequeña cosa marrón
semen de perro con lima

Cheers all for the recommendations, I'll report back when stuffed :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hope you enjoy it, it's my favourite cuisine bar none.

They have such good produce out there. I love the fact that "tapas" bars (even in places like San Sebastian, who take their food very seriously) are completely unashamed about the use of a microwave to heat up a small plate.

You often see them polished and gleaming behind the bar.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
We're hoping to go to Gran Canaria soon. We go the finest tapas place on the planet in Las Palomos.
I love the stuff.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We're hoping to go to Gran Canaria soon. We go the finest tapas place on the planet in Las Palomos.
I love the stuff.

I love the authentic stuff, but they mix it up in Palma de Mallorca superbly, probably my joint first favourite city in Europe with Seville.

You've got Japanese chefs making Tapas.

There is an old bar in Seville which I always visit. It's spit and sawdust, but they still mark the tapas orders in the bar with chalk and somewhat randomly put crisps on the side of most dishes.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The caracoles sound alright :)

You may think so, but we still use old school slugbait round here, so Faversham is famous for the 'metaldehyde hangover'. Although you'll soon get used to it....

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I love the authentic stuff, but they mix it up in Palma de Mallorca superbly, probably my joint first favourite city in Europe with Seville.

There is an old bar in Seville which I always visit. It's spit and sawdust, but they still mark the tapas orders in the bar with chalk and somewhat randomly put crisps on the side of most dishes

El Rinconcillo?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

You've got Japanese chefs making Tapas.

There is an old bar in Seville which I always visit. It's spit and sawdust, but they still mark the tapas orders in the bar with chalk and somewhat randomly put crisps on the side of most dishes.

This restaurant has a great wine list and the person serving will suggest a bottle. My gawd, it's gorgeous. I have fond memories
of the place.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
El Rinconcillo?

No, but I've been in there. Love it too. I was referring to this place:

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.386...4!1sPCxbZ4gQq2a1XHy645FRRQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Always go in there for a drink at least. That's what I love about Seville. No tourist traps, right next to the cathedral but pretty standard fare.

My favourite place is probably La Carbonería. Converted coal shed that resembles a student union bar where you get proper Flamenco free.

So many great places to eat there. Had amazing Tapas in here a few years ago after watching Seville v Getafe (our new guy played), I randomly walked down a back street.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...xb4032d68df997d39!8m2!3d37.389569!4d-5.993127

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I pigging LOVE tapas !!

Especially Calamari and will always eat at least TWO portions of it all to myself

Yes love it too. However often a bit hit and miss in Spain. More difficult to cook fresh I think, very small window then it turns into rubber bands.

The freezing and defrosting process tenderises the meat.

Had amazing Calamari last weekend in er.. Clapham.

My favourite tapas dish in once they serve in a Tapas restaurant in Battersea. It's a small square of suckling pig belly with apple sauce and a bitter lemon sorbet.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
A few years ago we (a foursome) went to a tapas bar in Bridport. I was about to order everything and my mate said you do not order everything at once. Ok ,so we ordered a couple of dishes and half an hour later ordered some more. Sorry was the reply the chef goes home at 9. !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It certainly is, and remains 'the' best place for tapas in town.

The pulpo and crab claws are to die for. :)

...and the pimientos.

Damn, I need to go again, soon.

Happy to report that Chorizo Don Carlos still has pride of place on the Specials board :flameboun

IMG_20210905_124453.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My alltime favourite tapa is Gambas al ajillo. Very few restaurants make a great one but the chef on Cala Bassa Beach in San Antonio Ibiza, who retired about 10 years ago, consistently made the best ones I’ve ever had. How I’d love to find a restaurant ANYWHERE, who could compete with the serving of this sizzling hot dish

It was served in a dish very similar to THPP bizarre brandy flaming dish in the post above but without the ott Baked Alaska flame appearance :lolol: I do like the fact that the waiter is serving it with a flame proof mask though :wink:

I did once have a Baked Alaska where the dick of a cook used paraffin to flame it up!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My alltime favourite tapa is Gambas al ajillo. Very few restaurants make a great one but the chef on Cala Bassa Beach in San Antonio Ibiza, who retired about 10 years ago, consistently made the best ones I’ve ever had. How I’d love to find a restaurant ANYWHERE, who could compete with the serving of this sizzling hot dish

It was served in a dish very similar to THPP bizarre brandy flaming dish in the post above but without the ott Baked Alaska flame appearance :lolol: I do like the fact that the waiter is serving it with a flame proof mask though :wink:

I did once have a Baked Alaska where the dick of a cook used paraffin to flame it up!!

Funnily enough, also one of my favourite dishes in Casa Don Carlos. Comes in the same kind of dish, sizzling in olive oil with finely chopped garlic. It really is glorious, one of those dishes that's so good that you wish it was about three times the size :drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here