NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He's a very nice man isn't he terryberry1

di_canio_salute.jpg

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Like many have said, Di Danio and Poyet are very similar.

Everyone apart from us think Poyet is too far up his own arse and slate him when he speaks his mind. Di Canio is no different...just has a bit of a temper. I loved the waving of the arms last night after they scored the third though.

You need to be able to back a big mouth/attitude up, and he does.

Last edited:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I'm sure someone else has made this joke but the guy loves a strong right wing (no wonder Bridge strugged a bit deffensively yesterday)..

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Do you know anything about this incident, im guessing not.

I know what I see. I see an attempt at bullying/intimidation being used by a manager towards one of his players.

I see a lack of professionalism and control.

I don't care if Clarke was in the wrong, he gets a fine or dropped or whatever.

This is the most unprofessional, childish and embarrassing behavior I have seen from a manager ever.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
With his temperament I can only see Di Canio be his own worst enemy a funny character to watch but I think it'll all end in tears ,to volatile to be a manager IMO

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I know what I see. I see an attempt at bullying/intimidation being used by a manager towards one of his players.

This is the most unprofessional, childish and embarrassing behavior I have seen from a manager ever.

Rubbish! The game is littered with players who take the piss, stamp their feet and throw their weight around. Tevez is a classic example! Di Canio would have lumped him and thrown him in a taxi and quite right. If that situation happened at our club we would all be on here demanding Gus get tough and sling the player in question through the door. And if he did we would all be clapping.
Di Canio just does it. If he was in charge of this club it would not be a bad thing in my mind. Gus is just as arrogant and self promoting as Di Canio. That's without question

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Rubbish! The game is littered with players who take the piss, stamp their feet and throw their weight around. Tevez is a classic example! Di Canio would have lumped him and thrown him in a taxi and quite right. If that situation happened at our club we would all be on here demanding Gus get tough and sling the player in question through the door. And if he did we would all be clapping.
Di Canio just does it. If he was in charge of this club it would not be a bad thing in my mind. Gus is just as arrogant and self promoting as Di Canio. That's without question

I'm not defending the bad attitude of some footballers. A manager with a bad attitude is just as bad though.

If a player has a bad attitude Gus will deal with it, he will throw a player in a taxi (Razak). What he won't do is embarrass himself and his club by behaving like a drunk 16 year old on a night out.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton

BBC Sport - Swindon boss Paolo Di Canio in bust-up with own player

Unprofessional behaviour from the player if you actually read what happened.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
BBC Sport - Swindon boss Paolo Di Canio in bust-up with own player

Unprofessional behaviour from the player if you actually read what happened.

I don't care. Unprofessional behavior from a player does not justify unprofessional behavior from the manager.

We have all seen people who will put their arm around someones shoulder, not as a sign of affection or friendship, but as a sign of dominance, it is the behavior of a bully and a thug and from any boss in any walk of life I think it stinks, whatever their employee/player might have done.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I don't care. Unprofessional behavior from a player does not justify unprofessional behavior from the manager.

We have all seen people who will put their arm around someones shoulder, not as a sign of affection or friendship, but as a sign of dominance, it is the behavior of a bully and a thug and from any boss in any walk of life I think it stinks, whatever their employee/player might have done.

So because he put his arm around his player and tried to usher him down the tunnel off the pitch because his player was arguing with the coach, he is a bully?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So because he put his arm around his player and tried to usher him down the tunnel off the pitch because his player was arguing with the coach, he is a bully?

And a thug.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here