Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Di Canio

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Di Canio is a total nut job. Can see him having a melt down, lamping a player, ref or fan, and getting banned for a year or so in the not too distant future.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Who you taking about? Di Cano or Poyet? :lol:

Did you see the Leon Clarke incident? Can you see Gus having a physical fight with one of his own players? Talk about no class.

DiCanio is a joke of a manager in my opinion.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So you have never seen Neil Lennon then?
Or that tool from The South Coast Club?

I like Di Canio, good team he is assembling too.

TNBA

TTF

Rivalry aside, I have more respect for Nigel Adkins as a manager, than I do DiCanio.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If Gus left i'd be happy to go and pick Di Canio and hide him in my basement for a fortnight to make sure he is uncontactable by anyone who might have been taken in by his self-congratulatory ways and think he's a decent figurehead. I'd sing him anti-fascist lullabies through the door too at the drop of a hat. Passionate he might be, but for generally the wrongest reasons. Scum.

Yep

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Did you see the Leon Clarke incident? Can you see Gus having a physical fight with one of his own players? Talk about no class.

DiCanio is a joke of a manager in my opinion.

Definitely could see Gus getting in a fight with one his own players in the right (or wrong) circumstances.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I said he showed his class tonight. Did he not? I also said I think Navarro will thrive under him. He will. Which part of that has offended you so badly?

Who said I'm offended?

And as for saying Di Canio "showed his class tonight"................What, by looking like a heart-attack-in-the-making with his contorted antics in the dugout? Or givin' it the biggun after the goals went in in his latest Cup Final perhaps?? You really must be attempting to some half arsed wind-up if you think that's a hallmark of his class; or perhaps you've forgotten to take your medication again today? Still, at least we can all rejoice in cuddly Uncle Poalo managing to refrain from punching any of his team tonight. Or unleashing a cheeky fascist salute.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
He is an arrogant little twat, although a great manager. Poyet is passionate but he shows class unlike Di Canio.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Definitely could see Gus getting in a fight with one his own players in the right (or wrong) circumstances.

Pfft. Gus has a professional demeanor, he was that way as a player, and now as a manager.

Di Canio is a thug, a nasty piece of work.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Who said I'm offended?

And as for saying Di Canio "showed his class tonight"................What, by looking like a heart-attack-in-the-making with his contorted antics in the dugout? Or givin' it the biggun after the goals went in in his latest Cup Final perhaps?? You really must be attempting to some half arsed wind-up if you think that's a hallmark of his class; or perhaps you've forgotten to take your medication again today? Still, at least we can all rejoice in cuddly Uncle Poalo managing to refrain from punching any of his team tonight. Or unleashing a cheeky fascist salute.

Sounds like you need medication you muppet

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I'm sure most away supporters have the same opinion of Gus Poyet. Di Canio wont be everyone's cup of tea, i accept that. He will however be a top manager. He has a big ego but has delivered with it.

This. He is like Marmite, you either love him or you hate him. I love him, I love his ego and I love watching and listening to what he has to say.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did he celebrate with a 'Roman' salute?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not for me thanks, he needs anger management classes and is way too arrogant and egotistical. I cringed at all that arms open leave it to me shit. I'm not letting the fact that his team effectively trampled all over us colour my judgement either. Nasty piece of work imo.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
They way he treats his players and demands applause for his team's efforts on the pitch is quite horrible to watch.

I'd be surprised if any top club takes a risk on him as manager. And I certainly would not want him here.

Yes, Gus is passionate but he is passionately supporting his players and the club to succeed. He's not trying to replace the personal adulation he once received as a player, unlike DiCanio.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Think there are an awful lot of similarities between Di Canio and Gus.

If Gus wasn't Brighton manager, he'd be hated by NSC!

110% this.

He is different but he is proving to be a bloody good manager, who takes no shit at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here