Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derek Chisora V David Haye

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh joy, now we'll get to hear why Haye deserves the chance to fight (lose) against Vitali now...actually, no, that would be great, he'd be massacred.

Haye now wants to fight the other brother. Havnt we been here before?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Haye has only 1 fight that he can take that is against one of the Klitchkos. There is no point in him fighting FURY or PRICE as a defeat would make it his last fight and a win would be what is expected so as a possible fight either are a no go. Chisora would need to fight and beat both to regain any credibility.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Oh joy, now we'll get to hear why Haye deserves the chance to fight (lose) against Vitali now...actually, no, that would be great, he'd be massacred.

And how do you come to that stunning conclusion?...Vital couldn't put Chisora away in 12 rounds, Haye knocked him out in five. Vital is the older and because of his age the lesser of the brothers. People seem to forget that although Vladimir beat Haye easily on points, he never stopped him...What makes people so sure Vital would???

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I must be the only one on here who likes Haye?

Your not, I like Haye a lot, he is a character....Ok, he is cocky and a bit flash but more often than not he backs it up, mostly against guys a lot bigger than himself. This is boxing not ballroom dancing. Whichever way you look at it Haye is box office and a crowd puller. Chisora without Haye couldn't have sold out his own front room.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
And how do you come to that stunning conclusion?...Vital couldn't put Chisora away in 12 rounds, Haye knocked him out in five. Vital is the older and because of his age the lesser of the brothers. People seem to forget that although Vladimir beat Haye easily on points, he never stopped him...What makes people so sure Vital would???

Essentially, Vitali is just better. Don't get me wrong, much as I despise Haye for the way he promotes himself (Not because he acts like an arse but because he seems a genuinely intelligent, talented bloke who doesn't need to), he was a class act at cruiserweight but since the step up to heavyweight the one fight he had against top-class opposition he lost (Valuev does not count as top-class opposition, though, admittedly, Ruiz is a bit handy).

No, Wladimir didn't knock him out but he outclassed him for the whole fight, which in some respects is worse. I think Vitali might actually give him the fight he craves but, unlike Wladimir, Vitali doesn't really go for the jabbing game and I can see him mashing Haye a little bit. Haye would get some shots in, no doubt the man has the hand speed but Vitali has faced and beaten better men (christ, he was outscoring Lewis until the fight was stopped).

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Essentially, Vitali is just better. Don't get me wrong, much as I despise Haye for the way he promotes himself (Not because he acts like an arse but because he seems a genuinely intelligent, talented bloke who doesn't need to), he was a class act at cruiserweight but since the step up to heavyweight the one fight he had against top-class opposition he lost (Valuev does not count as top-class opposition, though, admittedly, Ruiz is a bit handy).

No, Wladimir didn't knock him out but he outclassed him for the whole fight, which in some respects is worse. I think Vitali might actually give him the fight he craves but, unlike Wladimir, Vitali doesn't really go for the jabbing game and I can see him mashing Haye a little bit. Haye would get some shots in, no doubt the man has the hand speed but Vitali has faced and beaten better men (christ, he was outscoring Lewis until the fight was stopped).

Age catches up with everyone my friend, you can't stop the clock however much you might think you can. Vitail is 40 now and would probably be 41 by the time any fight happens. Haye at 31 is very much still in him prime. I agree that 5 even 6 years ago Vitail would have made short work of Haye, but you can't stop the clock ticking. Many have tried and pretty much all have sooner or later failed.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Age catches up with everyone my friend, you can't stop the clock however much you might think you can. Vitail is 40 now and would probably be 41 by the time any fight happens. Haye at 31 is very much still in him prime. I agree that 5 even 6 years ago Vitail would have made short work of Haye, but you can't stop the clock ticking. Many have tried and pretty much all have sooner or later failed.

Oh I know, that's why I said Haye would get some shots in, 5 or 6 years ago he'd only be using his hands to pick himself off of the floor ;)

Genuinely though, even with the age difference I think that Haye lacks the wherewithal to out-think either of the Klitschko's, prime example being his inability to get inside Wladimirs jab (this isn't to his detriment, who the hell can?!), which is known as his favoured technique.

Now, if he's still going after the brothers have hung up their gloves...well...who knows what'll happen?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Oh I know, that's why I said Haye would get some shots in, 5 or 6 years ago he'd only be using his hands to pick himself off of the floor ;)

Genuinely though, even with the age difference I think that Haye lacks the wherewithal to out-think either of the Klitschko's, prime example being his inability to get inside Wladimirs jab (this isn't to his detriment, who the hell can?!), which is known as his favoured technique.

Now, if he's still going after the brothers have hung up their gloves...well...who knows what'll happen?

If Chisora can land a shot on Vitail's chin, then Haye with his speed would get three off and that could well be enough to put Vitail away. It's widely excepted these days that he is the lesser of the two brothers, purely because of the age factor I suppose. It's a fight that would divide opinions and the only credable fight for them both to take. The only other fight I see for Haye, is to fight the winner of any Price/Fury match up, which you can be pretty sure is the way it will pan out, with a big outside fight somewhere next summer.....Battle of Britain springs to mind!!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If Chisora can land a shot on Vitail's chin, then Haye with his speed would get three off and that could well be enough to put Vitail away. It's widely excepted these days that he is the lesser of the two brothers, purely because of the age factor I suppose. It's a fight that would divide opinions and the only credable fight for them both to take. The only other fight I see for Haye, is to fight the winner of any Price/Fury match up, which you can be pretty sure is the way it will pan out, with a big outside fight somewhere next summer.....Battle of Britain springs to mind!!

I think it's hard to compare the two brothers to be honest, if only because they fight in such different ways. I think Vitali still has the offence to take out pretty much anyone but Wladimirs defence is just ludicrous.

Weirdly, I was thinking about a Haye/Price fight being fairly plausible (and potentially entertaining) when I was typing the last post, Fury did cross my mind but I just feel that Price would edge it in any match up between the two (at the moment anyway), he just seems to have that bit of added class in the ring. Hell, you want to talk about a dream 'Battle of Britain' event, how about a Haye/Price fight with a Khan/Brook undercard? I know it'd never happen but that would be two quality fights...

Anyway, you're clearly a knowledgeable boxing fan (by that I mean 'knows more than what the 'The Sun' tells them') so, assuming a minor miracle takes place and it gets arranged; Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Who wins?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think it's hard to compare the two brothers to be honest, if only because they fight in such different ways. I think Vitali still has the offence to take out pretty much anyone but Wladimirs defence is just ludicrous.

Weirdly, I was thinking about a Haye/Price fight being fairly plausible (and potentially entertaining) when I was typing the last post, Fury did cross my mind but I just feel that Price would edge it in any match up between the two (at the moment anyway), he just seems to have that bit of added class in the ring. Hell, you want to talk about a dream 'Battle of Britain' event, how about a Haye/Price fight with a Khan/Brook undercard? I know it'd never happen but that would be two quality fights...

Anyway, you're clearly a knowledgeable boxing fan (by that I mean 'knows more than what the 'The Sun' tells them') so, assuming a minor miracle takes place and it gets arranged; Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Who wins?

I'd take Mayweather on points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here