Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] December and January TV picks

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
No Boxing Day game is shit, however it's great news for the non-league clubs of Sussex.

Another thing to note, there's a few Sunday evening matches in this round of picks. Thankfully none of them affect us and hopefully it's just a consequence of the expanded European comps and the Christmas/New Year scheduling. However I fear it's a glimpse into the future and the Premier League are just testing the waters to see what the viewing figures are like. I can (sadly) see the 12:30 being scrapped and a Sunday 7pm/7:30 TV slot being introduced, especially as the Yanks continue to get their filthy mitts on the game.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ticket exchange is going to be busy, if by some miracle the games sell out.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Pleased there is no Boxing Day match, travelling to the Amex is a ballache by public transport (or lack of it) on this day.
I suspect the club is happier too. We will now defo go, no doubt many others likewise, so a fuller stadium and increased income.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yep the club can advise and request but it’s sky decision at the end so it’s sort of 50/50

Nothing at all to do with Sky. Boxing Day fixtures are Amazon Prime

Apologies I ment tv companies

1729019792172.jpeg

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Because I missed seeing the nice bits of Marseille booked four nights after the Villa game. Now missing the Villa game.
Benefit of hindsight the game was always going to be moved.
At least Nurse Gladys Emmanuel is happy!

theboybilly

Sorry, hadn't factored in Ipswich. Ffs. 4. 4 away games up the swanny. And some of the better ones too.
The only saving grace is that it is a 19.30 kick off which should give plenty of time to walk to the station to catch the last train back to London at 21.51. But to be honest I wouldn't put my house on that ending well. Coach it is the. Every away game in this period should have maximum loyalty points at least. It's going to cost me a fortune

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pleased there is no Boxing Day match, travelling to the Amex is a ballache by public transport (or lack of it) on this day.
Give over, Boxing Day was only invented for football, this is so wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here