Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
It would be very unlikely that a player in Div 2 Spain would have a release clause that high. It would defeat the purpose of a release clause.

I read somewhere that the release clause was 20m euros. It was likely to double had Almeria been promoted. The fact that they failed in the play-offs has led to a number of clubs sensing an opportunity.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I hope all the press is bollocks and we get Darwin Nunez. He looks like a monster.
+
Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Utility player who will be useful in this tiring season. Can also play on left per the FA Cup Final)
+
Alfonso Pedraza (Left footed, left wing back)
+
Ugurcan Cakir (Maty Ryan competition)
+
Nicolás González (Left footed, left winger and can be Mac Allister's friend forming a lethal partnership)

One can dream... :whistle:

We are supposed to be in the market for a left back (left wing back I expect) and a striker (I would think a big physical lad like Nunez).

One or two more signings would be gdlk and more interesting than this Ben White non-saga.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Anyone know if this is true?

https://twitter.com/UruguayanHeroes/status/1296450868628291584?s=20

Is Nunez the Ben White of Spain?

It really felt like we were the only ones in for this guy at the beginning....goddamnit.

The local paper here also reported yesterday that the release clause is 40 million. That story was released after it was widely reported elsewhere that Wolfsburg had triggered his release with a 20 mill bid.

Nobody is going to pay anything like 40, of course. I'd imagine something around 20 will probably do it. Considering the interest from elsewhere, it'd be an impressive signing for us.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
The local paper here also reported yesterday that the release clause is 40 million. That story was released after it was widely reported elsewhere that Wolfsburg had triggered his release with a 20 mill bid.

Nobody is going to pay anything like 40, of course. I'd imagine something around 20 will probably do it. Considering the interest from elsewhere, it'd be an impressive signing for us.

You’ve probably answered this earlier in the thread but, given you’re local, do you have an opinion on if he’s good / the answer?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
You’ve probably answered this earlier in the thread but, given you’re local, do you have an opinion on if he’s good / the answer?

I think he'd be a great signing. Of course you never know for sure if a player will make the step up, especially in a new country, but he's got all the right attributes. No slouch, good in the air, finishes with both feet, has a bit of skill. I haven't seen him live as I didn't make it to any games this season but based on what I've seen on TV, he's got fantastic potential. Saying that, I'd be wary of breaking our transfer record but then I'm no pro-scout and our recruitment team will have a great deal more info than what I'm working with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After the initial flurry of 'reporting' after the one reference at the start of this thread, the Albion are conspicuous by their absence.
All the while the list of clubs linked gets ever longer.

I'm sure any fan of any other club would be thinking 'i guess this isn't happening, next'.

Whereas I'm thinking 'so when is he holding up the shirt?'

Curse our secretive club.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A mate of mine has been on holiday with him in the last few weeks and says he's desperate to move to Brighton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A mate of mine has been on holiday with him in the last few weeks and says he's desperate to move to Brighton
A new slant on a classic.

Does your mate happen to be a season ticket holder?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A new slant on a classic.

Does your mate happen to be a season ticket holder?

Got it taken off him for his black market "bottle cap" ring getting discovered.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
After the initial flurry of 'reporting' after the one reference at the start of this thread, the Albion are conspicuous by their absence.
All the while the list of clubs linked gets ever longer.

I'm sure any fan of any other club would be thinking 'i guess this isn't happening, next'.

Whereas I'm thinking 'so when is he holding up the shirt?'

Curse our secretive club.

Sky published this yesterday https://www.skysports.com/football/...ez-brighton-rival-benfica-for-almeria-striker

Also, Naylor says we're still interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here