Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn - Time Up

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Besides everything else, how can you not love a player that fights so f***I g hard for our team.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As I've said many times before, he is extremely underrated - the reason people dont think he is a good footballer is because he doesnt look like one. But football is 80% brain and BDB got a big one.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Burn proved his versatility again, worked his socks off and played through the pain barrier at the end.

Wolves game aside, he rarely lets us down.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I stuck up for Dan here many times, On the record as a fan.. sure he does have the odd mistake. But the guy runs and works for our shirt every time he plays for us, without fail.

Something very endearing about that, a good honest player who gives everything. His marauding runs down the left wing are a thing of legend as far as I’m concerned.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This post has aged well!

Not a criticism, mind, most of us were saying the same at that point!

Just shows how much things can change in just over a month when you get the right keeper. My original post about the defence being all over the place referred to that first half vs Leicester. No offence taken anyway😀
I’ll take anything tonight!

A real trooper’s performance from BDB tonight

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
He had a similar role tonight as he did last season. Getting in the box. Shame he didn't get that goal. But his presence and that header...fantastic.

Also loved the subs Potter made. Bringing on some pace up front to stretch the play. He smelt blood in the water. The whole team looks so confident with a "we can beat anyone swagger".

I just want to see Mac and Lamptey back! Wow.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He had a similar role tonight as he did last season. Getting in the box. Shame he didn't get that goal. But his presence and that header...fantastic.

Also loved the subs Potter made. Bringing on some pace up front to stretch the play. He smelt blood in the water. The whole team looks so confident with a "we can beat anyone swagger".

I just want to see Mac and Lamptey back! Wow.

Said to my wife (who is no football fan but gripped by tonight’s game) that it was a big cojones attitude to bring on forwards rather than defenders at 0-1 up. I bloody love Potterball

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I still really like Dan Burn as a footballer.

Potter knew exactly what he was doing putting him up as our best defence against one of the biggest wide threats in the Premier League.

BDB did the job last time against Traore and he also memorably once did the same very difficult job with Zaha.

It just wasn’t his night this time.

It was BDB’s night tonight - along with the rest of our lovely lads.

Great to hear Peter Crouch explaining the very high quality of Dan Burn’s performance.

Sarisbury Seagull

Solly March Fan Club
NSC Patron
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I really liked Burn last season and was always really confident in him. I liked the faith Potter had in him within his system.

And then there was the Wolves game! One of the worst individual performances I’ve ever seen from an Albion player. I thought he’d struggle to get a game after that, particularly as it came so soon after his nightmare against Leicester. And I admit I wouldn’t have been sorry if that was the case then so bad was he in those two games and he looked mentally shot.

But the way he has bounced back from that has been magnificent. He and Potter deserve massive credit for the way he’s played recently. A few dodgy moments early on tonight but he grew into the game and was fantastic in the end.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Said to my wife (who is no football fan but gripped by tonight’s game) that it was a big cojones attitude to bring on forwards rather than defenders at 0-1 up. I bloody love Potterball

He's been learning/adapting really quickly.

But I feel now he is really leaning into his personal style, and footballing philosophy, with confidence.

You love to see it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really liked Burn last season and was always really confident in him. I liked the faith Potter had in him within his system.

And then there was the Wolves game! One of the worst individual performances I’ve ever seen from an Albion player. I thought he’d struggle to get a game after that, particularly as it came so soon after his nightmare against Leicester. And I admit I wouldn’t have been sorry if that was the case then so bad was he in those two games and he looked mentally shot.

But the way he has bounced back from that has been magnificent. He and Potter deserve massive credit for the way he’s played recently. A few dodgy moments early on tonight but he grew into the game and was fantastic in the end.

Potter’s pressers may be as dull as ditchwater but credit to him for always being behind his players, I’m sure they appreciate it and it’s clear that they give him 100% :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here