Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail apology

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Actually mr presumptuous your quite wrong. For once I voted labour because I thought I liked the cut of his gib. But then again you probably won’t want to hear that. Who knew?
You don't like him now, though, do you?

(To be fair, I'm looking at him a little askance at the moment. The winter fuel allowance, the chief of staff, the somewhat dour messaging, the Lord Alli suits, the failure to stop the war in the middle east; all slightly disappointing. I really thought he was the new Jesus Christ, and it turns out he's just a porky beardless Graham Potter :shrug: ).

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
You don't like him now, though, do you?

(To be fair, I'm looking at him a little askance at the moment. The winter fuel allowance, the chief of staff, the somewhat dour messaging, the Lord Alli suits, the failure to stop the war in the middle east; all slightly disappointing. I really thought he was the new Jesus Christ, and it turns out he's just a porky beardless Graham Potter :shrug: ).
I wouldn’t say I don’t or do like him. I’m disappointed by much of what he’s done.
But that’s no different to how I have felt about just about every politician I’ve voted for since 1977.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wasn’t referring to it being for security reasons there are other factors that may cause it, maybe working hours, location, etc etc. Not mean spirited whatsoever.
So you don't think Starmer should go to the football unless he queues like everyone else? Frankly I'm not entirely sure what you think.

Do you think he should pay for security out of his own pocket?
Do you think the labour party membership should pay for it?
Do you think he should turn down an offer of a free box by the club?
And if yes to the above do you think he should just stay at home listening to radio 5, like countless ordinary working men and women?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wouldn’t say I don’t or do like him. I’m disappointed by much of what he’s done.
But that’s no different to how I have felt about just about every politician I’ve voted for since 1977.
Indeed.

But, for perspective, I'll wager that, so far, Starmer has not grifted millions of pounds to his mates, broken the laws of the nation, and behaved like little lord Fauntleroy while pointing southwards and screaming 'look at those boats' a decade after allowing 'those boats' to become a thing.

There are more pressing and concerning issues to shit the bed about than Starmer at the football, in my not-very-humble opinion. :shrug:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
So you don't think Starmer should go to the football unless he queues like everyone else? Frankly I'm not entirely sure what you think.

Do you think he should pay for security out of his own pocket?
Do you think the labour party membership should pay for it?
Do you think he should turn down an offer of a free box by the club?
And if yes to the above do you think he should just stay at home listening to radio 5, like countless ordinary working men and women?
My thoughts were I thought quite clear, and I think in truth you know exactly that, it seems once again you demonstrate your frequent habit of liking to dig and jibe and drag people into an argument. But then again, Who Knew.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My thoughts were I thought quite clear, and I think in truth you know exactly that, it seems once again you demonstrate your frequent habit of liking to dig and jibe and drag people into an argument. But then again, Who Knew.
Playing the man ???. The last refuge of the outmaneuvered clogger :wink:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
So we sued the Daily Mail ... otherwise they are never going to issue an apology to us

We can expect petty vindictive headlines and coverage henceforth

Daily Mail caught out and fined heavily - oh dear, how sad, never mind :)
That's not how I read it chaps. The law does not move that quickly. I think a hefty letter was written pronto and the DM could not get out there quick enough, not having a leg to stand on, so made a charitable donation to prove that they are the good guys really.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Albion vs the Daily Mail might have a few on here buying half-and-half scarves

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The problem is that he can't sit in the regular seats because this would be a security issue. Apparently not all Arsenal season ticket holders are keen Labour supporters, and there may be one or two who would cause a kerfuffle. So he needs to be in a box. But why should he be forced to pay for a box?

Personally I have no more problem with the hospitality any more than I would for a previous Tory leader who is a keen Liverpool supporter. And another former tory PM who is a keen supporter of West Villa.

Having a PM who has to skulk around with a bag over his head and be denied all normal entertainments strikes me as counter productive. I don't want the country run by a miserable sod who spends his life with his sad nose pressed up against a virtual glass window separating him from normal life.

And I suspect many of us would class going to the football as part of normal life ???
A more recent Tory MP is a Southampton fan. I have seen comments recently that he used to do it in a normal stand Amongst normal fans. Whenever Mrs DiS has seen him there, it’s been in the Directors’ box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here