Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail apology

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The problem is that he can't sit in the regular seats because this would be a security issue. Apparently not all Arsenal season ticket holders are keen Labour supporters, and there may be one or two who would cause a kerfuffle. So he needs to be in a box. But why should he be forced to pay for a box?

Personally I have no more problem with the hospitality any more than I would for a previous Tory leader who is a keen Liverpool supporter. And another former tory PM who is a keen supporter of West Villa.

Having a PM who has to skulk around with a bag over his head and be denied all normal entertainments strikes me as counter productive. I don't want the country run by a miserable sod who spends his life with his sad nose pressed up against a virtual glass window separating him from normal life.

And I suspect many of us would class going to the football as part of normal life ???
PAYING to go to football is also part of normal life

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Being PM isn't.
so,let him contribute the cost of his ‘normal’ seat and the rest ‘true cost’ be bourne elsewhere. Bet he didn’t even pay for his own pint and packet of crisps, bloody freeloader.

Better still, let him stop going all the time there’s a security risk because he chose to become PM. There’s many of us who have had to stop going to footie and or other pastimes because of work restrictions so why should these junket lovers be any different

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
so,let him contribute the cost of his ‘normal’ seat and the rest ‘true cost’ be bourne elsewhere. Bet he didn’t even pay for his own pint and packet of crisps, bloody freeloader.

Better still, let him stop going all the time there’s a security risk because he chose to become PM. There’s many of us who have had to stop going to footie and or other pastimes because of work restrictions so why should these junket lovers be any different
They shouldn’t be a football matches, any of them ffs, they should be grafting to get this country straight and any spare time should be used to redouble their efforts, most of these politicians will have said at least once “I went into politics to help others “ Well good on them but it doesn’t mean helping your selves as well!

So far the only thing that this Government has done is scrap the WFA, moan about the previous regime and set some prisoners free!!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
They shouldn’t be a football matches, any of them ffs, they should be grafting to get this country straight and any spare time should be used to redouble your efforts, most of these politicians will have said at least once “I went into politics to help others “ Well good on them but it doesn’t mean helping your selves as well!!
if only we could believe a word that come out of their mouths eh

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I don't agree. If Sunak wanted to go to Southampton and he to Arsenal I have no problem with them getting freebies, especially if it saves the taxpayer. Football is part of national life.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I don't agree. If Sunak wanted to go to Southampton and he to Arsenal I have no problem with them getting freebies, especially if it saves the taxpayer. Football is part of national life.
well it shouldn’t cost the taxpayer should it. They should pay their own way, just like you and I.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The hospitality for senior politicians in sport is neither new, nor exclusive to football, or Labour.

Did Harold Wilson pay to watch Hiuddersfield back in the 60s?
Did May, Major or Cameron pay to watch cricket at Lords during their tenure?

I think the answer would be definitely not.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
The hospitality for senior politicians in sport is neither new, nor exclusive to football, or Labour.

Did Harold Wilson pay to watch Hiuddersfield back in the 60s?
Did May, Major or Cameron pay to watch cricket at Lords during their tenure?

I think the answer would be definitely not.
and I’m not disputing that in the slightest , but the fact they all have/do doesnt make it right IMO

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In the lexicon of right or wrong, this would come very far down the scale of what is wrong.
Would the right wing press go after a Tory politico quite as hard as the Mail amongst others have gone after Starmer, and other senior Labour politicians.We know from experience they don’t/wouldn’t.

They failed to get him for Beergate ( ridiculous name) they failed to get Rayner for selling her own house, so, this appears to be another shot at a pretty minor infraction that is neither illegal or against the Ministerial code.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
In the lexicon of right or wrong, this would come very far down the scale of what is wrong.
Would the right wing press go after a Tory politico quite as hard as the Mail amongst others have gone after Starmer, and other senior Labour politicians.We know from experience they don’t/wouldn’t.

They failed to get him for Beergate ( ridiculous name) they failed to get Rayner for selling her own house, so, this appears to be another shot at a pretty minor infraction that is neither illegal or against the Ministerial code.
yes I agree, but to save all the shite being thrown year after year if they just banned anyone taking anything problems solved surely

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
yes I agree, but to save all the shite being thrown heat after year if they just banned anyone taking anything problems solved surely

I think we are both widely in agreement.
I don’t see the necessity for a multi millionaire taking free clothing, tickets etc from rich benefactors, but, unfortunately it does happen, it shouldn’t, but it does. In a perfect world it wouldn’t happen, but, after seeing what a scrote like Johnson got away with, they all seem to want a piece of the action.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
And today the Mail is reporting that Referees are complaining about the quality of food they are given at the Amex. Vindictive of the Mail or entitled referees expecting to be treated like Gods?
Hmm, well after one or two performances by refs recently they're lucky they get anything more than a custard pie in the mush!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You're wrong.

And mean-spirited. Why would the nature of your job make it hard to go to the football in your spare time?*

Fie upon you.

:wink:

*Unless of course you are a famous page three model and would find it hard to sit among the public at the football because of all the admiring glances ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think we are both widely in agreement.
I don’t see the necessity for a multi millionaire taking free clothing, tickets etc from rich benefactors, but, unfortunately it does happen, it shouldn’t, but it does. In a perfect world it wouldn’t happen, but, after seeing what a scrote like Johnson got away with, they all seem to want a piece of the action.
Why are you conflating free clothing with special arrangements at the football?

Anyone would think that you and @A mex eyecan don't like Starmer. ???

Who knew? ??? :lolol:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
well it shouldn’t cost the taxpayer should it. They should pay their own way, just like you and I.
? Surely if a politician gets a freebie to a footy match it costs the host or away team not the taxpayer, doesn't it?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yes, but life as a PM comes with security costs at every juncture. I really don't have a problem with Starmer keeping those costs down by accepting hospitality. Or indeed Sunak or any PM

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Why are you conflating free clothing with special arrangements at the football?

Anyone would think that you and @A mex eyecan don't like Starmer. ???

Who knew? ??? :lolol:
Actually mr presumptuous your quite wrong. For once I voted labour because I thought I liked the cut of his gib. But then again you probably won’t want to hear that. Who knew?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
You're wrong.

And mean-spirited. Why would the nature of your job make it hard to go to the football in your spare time?*

Fie upon you.

:wink:

*Unless of course you are a famous page three model and would find it hard to sit among the public at the football because of all the admiring glances ???
I wasn’t referring to it being for security reasons there are other factors that may cause it, maybe working hours, location, etc etc. Not mean spirited whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here