Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket- England tour of Pakistan- October 2024

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, as if somehow to say a limp sorry for stealing August from us devotees, there is another month of cricket as the Test team head to Pakistan.

It doesn't seem like long ago that we were there. December 2022. A series in which Bazball actually worked, results happened, and the matches were very exciting.

Coverage of the First Test begins on Monday morning. Sky Sports WILL be showing it as they agreed a late deal. Clever brinkmanship, perhaps. I'm not sure who is covering it on the wireless, but you should be able to get it from somewhere in the world in these modern times.

Looking forward to seeing NSC cricket chums in here for debate, disagreement, despair, disdain and delight. Often all in the same over.

EDIT:

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Followed by a 3 match ODI and 5 match T20i series at the end of October in the West Indies.

:clap:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Could be a long old day this

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Badly missing Josh Hull.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Winter tour starting a week after the Championship has finished. Feels a little odd

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
556 all out with the pitch looking flat.

And with the catch to take the last wicket Duckett looks to have damaged his thumb, so assume won't be opening.

England to follow on, as the ball now turns and finds bounce.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
556 all out with the pitch looking flat.

And with the catch to take the last wicket Duckett looks to have damaged his thumb, so assume won't be opening.

England to follow on, as the ball now turns and finds bounce.
I thought Smith's stumping attempt was so village. I genuinely think that some of us would have taken that comfortably.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
These ads are a pain in the neck. I wish Lord Gower could imbue a little more dripping sarcasm as he reads the sponsors messages. Or go the full Frasier and refuse to have any part of it. Tapal tea my arse.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fascinating days play, for all Pakistan's dominance and eagerness to end 19 years of hurt at home to England, the visitors have dug in really well at the end.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Catchin’ Sachin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here