Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Here comes Joyce - the last of the Sussex batsmen. Tail begins at 5.
Lining up H-B with Gatting, Brown and Jordan next is like playing Vicente, Orlandi, Ryan Harley and Dean Wilkins together in midfield...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I am very pleased to hear the commentators talking about speeding up the over rates. Dont the players realise that they will never finish games if they bowl at this rate?

Top commentating.
I enjoyed that exchange too. Apparently his grandchildren have the attention span of a Sussex batsman.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Praise the Lord - bad light!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Reduced to following the fortunes of ex- and current Sussex players elsewhere...

Goodwin 8
Thornely 0-25
Rayner 0-28
Hobden 5-89
Ambrose 9b

any others?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
A pretty good start to the season - will they do a BHA: blaze a trail, burn out, fire up again, burn out again and possibly end up in the top 6? I'm happy with mid-table (for Sussex CCC) and a run or two in the cups.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thank God the Surrey boys RHB and Jordan have come to our rescue in this match. The rest are a complete shower.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Looking for a win in our first game - weather permitting

Now I have been accused of being falsely optimistic regarding the Albion, but this caps everything - Sussex to win a match? You are mad, sir, mad I say! (or else you have never followed Sussex via NSC before).

142-3. We will be lucky to get to 150.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
151/3. A lead of 55 runs. I can only conclude that Yorkshire are taking the piss.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Now I have been accused of being falsely optimistic regarding the Albion, but this caps everything - Sussex to win a match? You are mad, sir, mad I say! (or else you have never followed Sussex via NSC before).

142-3. We will be lucky to get to 150.

Keep the faith Sir!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gatting - 6? I've seen it all now. You are NOT your uncle and will be out before lunch, guaranteed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here