Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] China, the WHO and the powergrab that fuelled a pandemic

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yeah see what you mean there , thankfully we have the voice of reason in the White house now :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAdzW-mRKTk

I couldnt stand Trumps general xenophobia and tbh when Trump came out and said stuf about the WHO and China, I just assumed he was his usual confrontational, xenophobic, rambling self.

The article above is a much more forensic look at the bigger picture of how the leader of the WHO came to power, how he has helped China control investigations and narrative and a raft of different pieces of evidence that paint a very compelling picture of a Chinese cover up and the WHO aiding and abetting.

Biden may rightly cite Trump as Xenophobe as he is, but he shouldnt dismiss any evidence of a Chinese cover up nor allow a chinese dominated WHO structure to contiue a day longer without challenge.

Everyone understands the difficulties in standing up to China, but you may do so objectively on a case by case basis with evidence, without any need of racism or xenophobia.

After all these are the actions of the Chinese communist party leadership not Chinese citizens

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I couldnt stand Trumps general xenophobia and tbh when Trump came out and said stuf about the WHO and China, I just assumed he was his usual confrontational, xenophobic, rambling self.

The article above is a much more forensic look at the bigger picture of how the leader of the WHO came to power, how he has helped China control investigations and narrative and a raft of different pieces of evidence that paint a very compelling picture of a Chinese cover up and the WHO aiding and abetting.

Biden may rightly cite Trump as Xenophobe as he is, but he shouldnt dismiss any evidence of a Chinese cover up nor allow a chinese dominated WHO structure to contiue a day longer without challenge.

Everyone understands the difficulties in standing up to China, but you may do so objectively on a case by case basis with evidence, without any need of racism or xenophobia.

After all these are the actions of the Chinese communist party leadership not Chinese citizens

When Trump refers to China this and China that in his speeches then most people would understand this was directed and their government ( The CCP ) and not the Chinese people .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Really quite spectacular and extraordinary article in todays Sunday Times by investigative journalists about the corruption and control [of China] within the WHO.

ST is behind a paywall but the link below is the article posted to a free to view site. A little lengthy, but really eye opening stuff, that makes the WHO look like the medical equivalent of Blatters FIFA.

Surely this wont be the last we hear about this pretty strong stuff in the coming months, the origins of the virus and how this human disaster could've been averted.

https://archive.is/If1WN#selection-1499.0-1629.108
There isn't a lot new there to be honest surrounding the possibility of an accidental leak from the lab.

The security services in a number of countries have thought it feasible for a very long time.

As for "Trump was right", well the orange gobshite was only repeating what the security services were telling him at the time.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
“Extensive sample-testing at the market failed to show a link between any of the animals there and the virus. It was also clear that many of the early human cases had no link to the market, and the conclusion was that the market was a crowded environment in which the virus had spread, rather than the point of introduction into Wuhan.
But there was an elephant in the room. Coronaviruses found in the Yunnan bat caves, including the world’s closest known match to Sars-CoV-2, were being kept at the Wuhan Institute of Virology at the time of the outbreak. To many it seemed a remarkable coincidence that, of all the 600 cities in China, the virus began in Wuhan, the home of an institute that houses the world’s largest collection of coronaviruses from wild bats and has a team of scientists who often travel to those same Yunnan caves.
The scientists had been seeking out coronavirus-infected bats and then transporting the viruses back to the laboratory in Wuhan. There they carried out highly controversial “gain of function” experiments to make the viruses more infectious to humans. The work was designed to help develop vaccines to pre-empt a potential coronavirus outbreak, but many scientists had warned that one safety lapse could itself cause a deadly pandemic.
Only a tiny handful of labs in the world carried out such high-risk experiments, and in 2018 inspectors sent by the US embassy in Beijing to the Wuhan institute had flagged serious safety concerns there. A US diplomatic cable leaked to The Washington Post stated: “During interactions with scientists at the WIV laboratory, they noted the new lab has a serious shortage of appropriately trained technicians and investigators needed to safely operate this high-containment laboratory”.

Exactly what I said on Corona virus thread and was ridiculed for being a “conspiracy nut”.

That article is astonishing. China needs to be seriously held to account for what they have done.
It’s mind blowing.

Everyone that said it was called a nut, banned from you tube twitter etc and laughed at by experts.

Same experts are now saying hang on.

They need to be held to account to.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There isn't a lot new there to be honest surrounding the possibility of an accidental leak from the lab.

The security services in a number of countries have thought it feasible for a very long time.

As for "Trump was right", well the orange gobshite was only repeating what the security services were telling him at the time.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Yes you're right ofc...... and believe me I cannot stand that dangerous orange buffoon. The lab leak was always the most obvious scenario however much China tried to deny it.

The bit I never really knew or understood before though, was the alleged depth of the corruption within the WHO, that its leader is pretty much a handpicked puppet of Bejing and that they have been working with China to hide the real truth.

I always thought lab leak was the reason, almost certainly that China was lying about it, but the WHO stuff was really another level, especially as that corrupt axis couldve potentially averted the global death toll we see now, if it were truly independent and impartial.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
“Extensive sample-testing at the market failed to show a link between any of the animals there and the virus. It was also clear that many of the early human cases had no link to the market, and the conclusion was that the market was a crowded environment in which the virus had spread, rather than the point of introduction into Wuhan.
But there was an elephant in the room. Coronaviruses found in the Yunnan bat caves, including the world’s closest known match to Sars-CoV-2, were being kept at the Wuhan Institute of Virology at the time of the outbreak. To many it seemed a remarkable coincidence that, of all the 600 cities in China, the virus began in Wuhan, the home of an institute that houses the world’s largest collection of coronaviruses from wild bats and has a team of scientists who often travel to those same Yunnan caves.
The scientists had been seeking out coronavirus-infected bats and then transporting the viruses back to the laboratory in Wuhan. There they carried out highly controversial “gain of function” experiments to make the viruses more infectious to humans. The work was designed to help develop vaccines to pre-empt a potential coronavirus outbreak, but many scientists had warned that one safety lapse could itself cause a deadly pandemic.
Only a tiny handful of labs in the world carried out such high-risk experiments, and in 2018 inspectors sent by the US embassy in Beijing to the Wuhan institute had flagged serious safety concerns there. A US diplomatic cable leaked to The Washington Post stated: “During interactions with scientists at the WIV laboratory, they noted the new lab has a serious shortage of appropriately trained technicians and investigators needed to safely operate this high-containment laboratory”.

Exactly what I said on Corona virus thread and was ridiculed for being a “conspiracy nut”.

That article is astonishing. China needs to be seriously held to account for what they have done.
It’s mind blowing.

Nothing surprises me about secretive states like China and Russia .

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh, I never wanted to side with the xenophobes / right wing nutters ... but lab leak did sound more plausible than bat eating right from the beginning.

I hope the cover up is, if it happenned ... .well ... uncovered

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I've said many, many times (and been shot down, like always, even though I was right again) that the WHO were a corrupt disgrace during this pandemic. They should of declared the virus a problem of global concern many weeks before they did, then the refusal to name it a pandemic, when it was clear it was way before. Delay after delay led to millions of deaths. That Ethiopian should of been locked up. Throw him in jail.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Really quite spectacular and extraordinary article in todays Sunday Times by investigative journalists about the corruption and control [of China] within the WHO.

ST is behind a paywall but the link below is the article posted to a free to view site. A little lengthy, but really eye opening stuff, that makes the WHO look like the medical equivalent of Blatters FIFA.

Surely this wont be the last we hear about this pretty strong stuff in the coming months, the origins of the virus and how this human disaster could've been averted.

https://archive.is/If1WN#selection-1499.0-1629.108

This has been obvious from the beginning.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yeah see what you mean there , thankfully we have the voice of reason in the White house now :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAdzW-mRKTk

Can't see a problem there ?

As regards Trump, he was right to doubt China's account, but so did I, so did Lord knows how many others.

What you are forgetting is Trump's response to the virus entering the USA itself. There isn't so much 'he told you so' there...

1.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It’s mind blowing.

From what I have seen of Chinese 'science' they don't know the difference between reason and bollocks. Every man and woman is there to please the boss. Whatever the boss thinks is correct must be true, by definition, and the job of researchers is to prove it, by hook or by crook. The total opposite of Popper's ideas of falsification of hypotheses and the proof of an idea by testing to attempted destruction.

Due care and attention, adherence to the scientific method, and the pursuit of the truth are three things that don't even register there.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The other thing about the China that doesn't add up but nobody seems to mention, covid was blatantly spreading in europe way before it was announced as a thing.

There's the French blood tests that proved it and I've heard anecdotal stories from ICU doctors who said they'd been dealing with a strange respiratory condition in 2019.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not just leaked from a lab in China but leaked from a lab in China funded by United states tax payers during the administration of then president Barack Hussein Obama and VP Joseph Robinette Biden Jr

Ah, no.

I have been copied into a tsunami of anti Fauci, anti Democrat, pro Trump bollocks from mad right wing American 'doctors' publishing fantasy 'research' about Covid in predatory journals. I have an email folder full of it. It's bollocks.

conspiracy.PNG

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Everyone that said it was called a nut, banned from you tube twitter etc and laughed at by experts.

Same experts are now saying hang on.

They need to be held to account to.

Hardly, I've always believed that it likely had an original source connection to the lab and have never been deemed a 'nutter'. I suspect this was the belief of many.

Obviously it was speculative thought though as no-one knew for sure what happened. And we're hardly likely to get the truth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here