HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Harsh straight red, yes a foul but accidental IMHO

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
What the f*** is Clattenberg on, sends Torres off

Paul Watson

Aug 23, 2009
Clattenburg is f***ing useless! I'll still never forget how Rooney got away with elbowing that Wigan player when he was refereeing.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
About time diving was penalised. Good on him.

Indeed. I am completely fed up with footballers tarting about, pretending to have been touched when they haven't, or completely exaggerating the impact of a tackle. Haven't seen this Torres incident yet, but if he's gone down like a sack of spuds when he could have tried to stay on his feet, then tough luck. It sounds like he was trying to get Evans a yellow card, therefore why shouldn't he receive the same punishment that he intended for his opponent?

It sounds like we're going to hear loads of "the ref ruined the game" and "but there was contact", well so what? If Torres had attempted to stay on his feet, acting with a bit of honesty and integrity, it would have been obvious, and the referee could have tried to play advantage and brought play back if that didn't work out. I'm bored of the slightest touch bringing a plea for a foul, man up and get on with it. Officials managed to spot fouls perfectly well for decades before players decided to start enhancing the experience to "assist" them, so I'm sure they can spot a kick or a tap without the need for a striker to perform a forward roll and dying swan routine.

Hopefully this is a sign referees are cracking down on some of the pathetic cheating that goes on. If it means some harsh yellows for the next few months while the players get it into their stupid heads that they're ruining the game, then so be it (and I include our players in that). Bring it on. Kick the cheats out (not too hard though, as they'll probably fall over).

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I hate Chelsea and Man Utd, but i was watching a cracking game of football, and Clattenburg and his linos have totally f***ed it up

D

Deleted member 18477

Very fair refereeing. Ivanovic ran across the back of young and touched him and was last man. Deserved red. Torres blatantly dived and got a deserved second yellow. It's brilliant refereeing. It'll hopefully teach the cheats out there as he's done it in a big game as well!

Sounds like we have a lot of Chelsea fans on here or man Utd haters!

Linesman though... f***ing useless! Just like the one in Everton v Liverpool game.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Clattenburk usually favours Man U,or any northern team against southern opponents-ask Spurs.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Indeed. I am completely fed up with footballers tarting about, pretending to have been touched when they haven't, or completely exaggerating the impact of a tackle. Haven't seen this Torres incident yet, but if he's gone down like a sack of spuds when he could have tried to stay on his feet, then tough luck. It sounds like he was trying to get Evans a yellow card, therefore why shouldn't he receive the same punishment that he intended for his opponent?

It sounds like we're going to hear loads of "the ref ruined the game" and "but there was contact", well so what? If Torres had attempted to stay on his feet, acting with a bit of honesty and integrity, it would have been obvious, and the referee could have tried to play advantage and brought play back if that didn't work out. I'm bored of the slightest touch bringing a plea for a foul, man up and get on with it. Officials managed to spot fouls perfectly well for decades before players decided to start enhancing the experience to "assist" them, so I'm sure they can spot a kick or a tap without the need for a striker to perform a forward roll and dying swan routine.

Hopefully this is a sign referees are cracking down on some of the pathetic cheating that goes on. If it means some harsh yellows for the next few months while the players get it into their stupid heads that they're ruining the game, then so be it (and I include our players in that). Bring it on. Kick the cheats out (not too hard though, as they'll probably fall over).

Long post seeing as you hadn't seen the incident!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Very fair refereeing. Ivanovic ran across the back of young and touched him and was last man. Deserved red. Torres blatantly dived and got a deserved second yellow. It's brilliant refereeing. It'll hopefully teach the cheats out there as he's done it in a big game as well!

Sounds like we have a lot of Chelsea fans on here or man Utd haters!

Linesman though... f***ing useless! Just like the one in Everton v Liverpool game.

I agree, I thought he got both decisions right and I'm no Man Utd fan I can assure you.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Referee is close enough. If he thinks Torres is trying to con him, he's perfectly entitled to pick him up on it. Bet he won't go to ground so easily next time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here