Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carl Rushworth for England?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No, we've become very good - and very professional - at loan placements, and naturally aren't happy when loans don't work out.
But it’s never, ever the player presumably ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Such a success that they ditched him as soon as his contract was up...................
Rosenoir got sacked.

Not really sure of your point. The original post states that it’s a waste of time for our players going to Hull. For Connelly and Arguably Ryan Longman it’s not been that bad.

For Rushworth though it’s been a complete f***ing disaster.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

For Rushworth though it’s been a complete f***ing disaster.
Which, surprisingly, may actually not be a bad thing in the long run....

As I've posted before, Rushworth has had an incredible five years:-

At the end of the 2019-20 season, Rushworth won the Worthing Players' Player of the Year award.
On June 6 2021 he was announced as the Brighton and Hove Albion Young Player of the Season.
On May 7 2022 he was named as both the Young Player of the Season and the Players' Player of the Season at the end of his loan spell at Walsall.
On May 7 2023 he was named as the Young Player of the Season at the end of his loan spell at Lincoln City.
On May 1 2024 he was named as both the Players' Player of the Season and the Supporters' Player of the Season at the end of his loan spell at Swansea City.

Having to deal with adversity and injury is an integral part of any successful footballing career. It isn't always sunshine and roses. You would never PLAN to have a bad loan but I guarantee Rushworth will learn more about himself this season than the last five seasons combined.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Which, surprisingly, may actually not be a bad thing in the long run....

As I've posted before, Rushworth has had an incredible five years:-

Having to deal with adversity and injury is an integral part of any successful footballing career. It isn't always sunshine and roses. You would never PLAN to have a bad loan but I guarantee Rushworth will learn more about himself this season than the last five seasons combined.
I hope you're right - but I can't help thinking of another young GK on our loan pathway who was on a similar trajectory, and with four or five good seasons on loan under his belt, for whom an injury came at exactly the wrong time for him.

FWIW, I think Rushworth will be better served by being on loan this season, rather than sitting on the bench hoping Bart twists an ankle or something - but just not at 'effin' Hull!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here