Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bryan Robson:"The greatest talent that England has ever produced"

scooter1

How soon is now?
Saw him a few years back in a services on the M40. I think Man U had just lost a cup final, and he looked decidedly pissed off in the Q at KFC. He was constantly being asked for selfies, and I think all he really wanted was his 3 piece meal. Scholes, Irwin and another were floating around, so maybe they’d all travelled down in a car together

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Robson was an EXCELLENT player, but with an unfortunate tendancy to pick up injuries just when you needed him

https://youtu.be/hr0zpRp0Q1I

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Whatever happened to Duncan Edwards? Lost in the Munich disaster and getting forgotten over the years. By all accounts he WAS the best player England ever produced, endorsed by just about anyone who was alive at the time. Not enough Premier League action of him recorded by Sky TV to compare with anyone since. In fact, Sky would probably create a conspiracy theory that he didn’t exist.

Bobby Charlton said Duncan Edwards was the best player he had ever seen or played with. Praise indeed considering who was playing at the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theboybilly

I honestly think you could put Bryan Robson in any position and he wouldn't let you down. He was for me the best ever England midfielder. Gazza was a joy to watch, Hoddle the most technically gifted but my word, when the chips were down it was Robbo that you wanted next to you in the trenches. A fantastic player

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I honestly think you could put Bryan Robson in any position and he wouldn't let you down. He was for me the best ever England midfielder. Gazza was a joy to watch, Hoddle the most technically gifted but my word, when the chips were down it was Robbo that you wanted next to you in the trenches. A fantastic player

Great post…..

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There have been many great players over the years - well, perhaps not that many - they're a rare breed after all - but anyone trying to pick out the greatest player ever is a fool.

Pele, Messi, Edwards, Ronaldo, Maradona, Finney, Charlton, Baresi, Best, Puskas, di Stefano, John Crumplin - where do you start? Answer: you don't. All fabulous talents, who would doubtless have had the talent and nous to adapt to whatever age of football they had been involved in.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
A fantastic player who would of been quality in any era . Had everything .

By all accounts a really decent bloke too

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There have been many great players over the years - well, perhaps not that many - they're a rare breed after all - but anyone trying to pick out the greatest player ever is a fool.

Pele, Messi, Edwards, Ronaldo, Maradona, Finney, Charlton, Baresi, Best, Puskas, di Stefano, John Crumplin - where do you start? Answer: you don't. All fabulous talents, who would doubtless have had the talent and nous to adapt to whatever age of football they had been involved in.

……. That England has ever produced?

Has anybody mentioned Stanley Matthews?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
……. That England has ever produced?

Has anybody mentioned Stanley Matthews?
Not going down the 'very best of all time' route, but a lot of people rated Finney over Matthews at the time - including England CF Tommy Lawton, who played with both. Matthews' crossing was so good, he said, that all I had to do was run into the penalty area and jump - but Finney's crosses were better.
How could they be better than that? he was asked.
Finney made sure that when you headed the ball, the laces were facing away from you.............

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here