Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton North Bank - Palmeria pub Hove

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Close to the Cricket where it's an OK pub for a drink during the lunch interval.

Considerably cheaper than the new Sussex Cricketer.

Did it change its name to the 'Oliver Cromwell' for a while a few years back?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
1729676618120.png

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I used to live just along the road from it, went in there from time to time, the last game I tried to watch in there was on the final day of the 2013/14 season when Ujoa scored, we weren't allowed to watch it inside the pub as there was a premier league game on at the same time - something completely uninteresting to most of Brighton and Hove, we all asked if it could be shown in the pub, but no. they did put it on the screen in the beer garden for us so watched it on a rubbish screen with the sunlight glaring on it and hugged a stranger when he scored!

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
To be fair to the landlord and despite him being a gooner (bnb on the back of his ars shirt 😳) he’s got that pub as consistently busy as I’ve ever seen it on a regular basis

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I wonder if other towns with a Premier League team also have have pubs that are bases for fans of a team from another town?
It’s not comparable, Brighton, generally is a nice place to live. An example would be if you take Brighton and Palace, I would say our fan bases are similar in size however many more of them live down here than we do up there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I wonder if other towns with a Premier League team also have have pubs that are bases for fans of a team from another town?
I bet there are liverpool bars in pretty much every city and town.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Went passed the Palmeria pub in Hove and they’ve got a window declaring it’s the home of the Brighton North Bank with Gunners logo etc. Is this like those Liverpool fans who were the Brighton Kop and take all their flags down the pub on a match day? Basically I’ll be avoiding the Palmeria from now on I think.
I've been in there a few times over the years to watch Albion away matches on their TVs; always full of Brighton fans on those occasions...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here