Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Jesus give the man a chance - he's been managing in the Prem for 5 minutes and has faced Liverpool away and spurs.

We did lose games under Potter - Fulham was worse than tonight this season. We really weren't that bad at all; it wasn't like we were swept aside - we had some decent spells and on another day we take a point from that. We won't face many defences as stubborn as we did today this season

A 9 man defence that rarely moved out of position, quite deliberately. Dyche or Pulis would’ve been proud.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think RDZ is getting off lightly here tonight. If Potter managed the game like that, he’d be getting a lot of stick.

I worry a tad that he is trying to stick to Potter's formula a bit too much... Hopefully it's just a case of keeping consistency for the time being and he'll be able to get his ideas across over the winter break.

I'd have stuck Gilmour or Lallana on for Estupiñan or March at HT and gone to a 4-2-3-1 personally, we were totally overrun in the midfield and they were playing with a seven-man defence when we were attacking.

Then again, I manage an under 8s team of kids that occasionally forget which way they're shooting, so I appreciate my thoughts don't carry much weight.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Just back. After they scored, Spurs parked the bus and we could not break them down. Boring boring Spur’s, how different from a few years ago.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A 9 man defence that rarely moved out of position, quite deliberately. Dyche or Pulis would’ve been proud.

Yep. They were particularly stubborn tonight, helped by going one up. Most Prem teams would've struggled to create against them tonight. I'm not going to lose sleep over tonight's performance. Let's see how we fare in the upcoming couple of games before we likely get spanked v Haaland's City

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Jesus give the man a chance - he's been managing in the Prem for 5 minutes and has faced Liverpool away and spurs.

We did lose games under Potter - Fulham was worse than tonight this season. We really weren't that bad at all; it wasn't like we were swept aside - we had some decent spells and on another day we take a point from that. We won't face many defences as stubborn as we did today this season
Indeed, last seasons home game against Spurs was dire.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think it is just keeping a bit of consistency, at least till he gets to know the players better - he’s only really had one full week of training with the whole squad as lots of them were away with their national teams. As well, until today it would be fair to say the team was playing well and you don’t change what’s not broken.

It’ll be interesting though, if he changes things for Brentford or gives the same team a second chance (by that I only mean the players who weren’t really on it tonight).

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Disappointing after all the hassle to from game but if im honest as much as i hate Rottenham I have to say the way they gain possession in midfield and come at you with pace is frightening. They will be up their no doubt at the end of season and other teams wont get off with a 1-0 loss. Only hope Kane carries his form into the World Cup. Big shout out for Dunky - massive today, dunno how Solly beat him to MOM (and Im a Solly admirer by the way)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep. They were particularly stubborn tonight, helped by going one up. Most Prem teams would've struggled to create against them tonight. I'm not going to lose sleep over tonight's performance. Let's see how we fare in the upcoming couple of games before we likely get spanked v Haaland's City

Mourinho’s last 10 years have been built on the same principle. Obsessive defence in huge numbers, try and nick a winner from a game-changer. When he first arrived at Chelski it was entertaining, Robben and Duffy tearing the opposition apart down the wings.

Conte and Mourinho come unstuck when opponents go down the same ultra cautious route and have also spent big.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Mourinho’s last 10 years have been built on the same principle. Obsessive defence in huge numbers, try and nick a winner from a game-changer. When he first arrived at Chelski it was entertaining, Robben and Duffy tearing the opposition apart down the wings.

Conte and Mourinho come unstuck when opponents go down the same ultra cautious route and have also spent big.

So dull to watch. A means to an end, pretty much... although probably not, in spurs' case

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
We tried to play a lot of short quick intricate first time passes to move between the lines but they didnt quite come off. Spurs did similar but were technically better and managed it more often. We will get better at it in time and this is when we will see the improvements the new manager is trying to implement

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Cash-aye-do?

**** off Pearce you absolute ****ing melon!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Neither team particularly impressive but once Spurs had something to hang on to they did just that and we didn't really make Lloris work for the clean sheet. No big deal, not a bad performance, but definitely a case of after the Lord Mayors Show.

I presume Swansman has left us for the Chelsea forum after a good week for them?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here