Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brezovan

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No i don`t but he should be given a chance , the reason we have reserve players is so that they can replace those currently not performing.

Do you accept that Gus bases his selection on the performances in matches and in training, perhaps Brezovan doesnt impress in training

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Kasper is not having a good time at the moment I agree with that, however I wouldn't blame him in for more then 2 goals and Brez is just simply not up to it, if he was then Gus would have him in, he doesn't seem to shy to drop outfield players so why would he worry if he thought Brez was good enough. You need to accept that that he doesn't trust Brez, didn't even play him in the league cup!

Then if he is as good a manager as we all think he is why is brez not out on loan and replaced.If Gus thinks Brez is good enough for the bench then he should play him when Ankers is struggling which he is,or he should admit Brez is a mistake and get rid of him.Remember Ankers is only playing because Brez suffered an injury.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Do you accept that Gus bases his selection on the performances in matches and in training, perhaps Brezovan doesnt impress in training

If what you say is true then Gus has no cover for our keeper should he get injured, that is disturbing

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

You were the first person (I saw) on here to say that Poke looks best in training. Why is he not on the bench or starting?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You were the first person (I saw) on here to say that Poke looks best in training. Why is he not on the bench or starting?

That is what I was told but there is no pre empting what Gus will say or do. It was suggested in the summer that Poke was going to sign for Oxford. Personally I am quite happy with Ankergren and think that if we sign an experienced ball winning central defender to attack and win the high balls all will be well.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
That is what I was told but there is no pre empting what Gus will say or do. It was suggested in the summer that Poke was going to sign for Oxford. Personally I am quite happy with Ankergren and think that if we sign an experienced ball winning central defender to attack and win the high balls all will be well.

So you were told Poke was the best in training then posted that in your opinion he looks best in training, lol.Do you honestly think that signing an experienced ball winning central defender to attack and win the high balls will stop Ankers letting in every shot that is on target.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
will stop Ankers letting in every shot that is on target.

Shots on target 85
Goals conceded 16

18.82% compared to last season's total of 22.29%

Let's not get carried away with hyperbole.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you were told Poke was the best in training then posted that in your opinion he looks best in training, lol.Do you honestly think that signing an experienced ball winning central defender to attack and win the high balls will stop Ankers letting in every shot that is on target.

It is agreed by most that Ankergrens strengths are his shot stopping and distriubution. At the moment our fulls back are being turned over and crosses thrown into the box, which are not being effectively dealt with thus causing Ankergren problems. If we had a central defender who could win the ball from those crosses and head it some distance unlike Greer and Dunk who couldn't head it more than 5 yds if their life depended on it, Ankergren would lead a happier life and not get slated so much on here. Greer and Dunk both have other good points but heading is not a strong point of either of them. I don't believe that Ankergren lets is a larger share of shots than most keepers in fact I would say it is less.

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
Full backs...

I agree that we need a big centre back that's strong in the air. But at the same time, if our full backs are regularly getting turned over, which appears to be the case, don't we need to treat the problem at the root. Possibly play a more rigid back four or replace Painter and/or Calderon? Oh, and cheeselets are the future.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Brezovan has never been any more than an unreliable back up option. Not just with Brighton, either. There is a reason an unambitious League 1 club (at the time) released him because he wasn't as good as one of the worst "professional" goalkeepers I've ever seen play the game. He lost out to a guy I consider to be worse than Nicky Rust.

If what you say is true what does that say about Gus as a manager, when he still has him on the bench as his choice for back up should Ankers get injured

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here