Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brezovan

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
You are deluded, didn't you post this exact same post a few days ago? Brez is not up to it and will be out once his contract is up. Don't think Kasper is the answer but still the best keeper we have at the moment.

Kasper is going through a rough patch ,we have Brezovan to releive him we must use him, kasper is fast losing his confidence.If we are going to stop letting in 3 goals a game Brez deserves a chance . If we let in 3 each over the next 3 games then we are f***ed do you want that.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I don't think you've quite got the hang of this, have you?

Who are you to place the blame for all nine goals on one person?

One game yes the defense, 2 games yes look at the defense, 3 games no look at the keeper, 9 goals in 3 games thats a f***ing joke ffs bring on Brezovan

Last edited:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Kasper is going through a rough patch ,we have Brezovan to releive him we must use him, kasper is fast losing his confidence.If we are going to stop letting in 3 goals a game Brez deserves a chance . If we let in 3 each over the next 3 games then we are f***ed do you want that.

Kasper is not having a good time at the moment I agree with that, however I wouldn't blame him in for more then 2 goals and Brez is just simply not up to it, if he was then Gus would have him in, he doesn't seem to shy to drop outfield players so why would he worry if he thought Brez was good enough. You need to accept that that he doesn't trust Brez, didn't even play him in the league cup!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
One game yes the defense, 2 games yes look at the defense, 3 games no look at the keeper, he must save something

Sorry mate, but you are talking sh1t. So you're saying the 3rd game (against Leicester), Ankergren should have saved the 2 wonder strikes from Chopra Winfrey, and the bullet header from approx 5 yards from Sonko. Brilliant!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Brezovan has never been any more than an unreliable back up option. Not just with Brighton, either. There is a reason an unambitious League 1 club (at the time) released him because he wasn't as good as one of the worst "professional" goalkeepers I've ever seen play the game. He lost out to a guy I consider to be worse than Nicky Rust.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Just watched the Ipswich goals on the bbc website. Would be interested to know which of people think Ankergren is at fault for.

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You KNOW for a fact - better than Gus does - that Brezovan will do better than Ankergren?

I don't think that is the issue. The issue is that if, as a goalkeeper, you let in 9 goals in 3 games, your place should be under threat, in any level of football. If that means bringing Brezovan in for a game to give Casper a kick up the arse, then so be it. What's the point in having a reserve keeper if he is not in the running to challenge for the number 1 spot?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What's the point in having a reserve keeper if he is not in the running to challenge for the number 1 spot?
Is this not a case that Gus thinks that Brezovan would be ok in an emergency but is happier with Ankergren. You have also overlooked the other defensive frailties that caused the goals like Calderon allowing Chopra to come inside of him twice, the central defenders not winning the header from the cross for Sonko etc.

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is this nlot a case that Gus thinks that Brezovan would be ok in an emergency but is happier with Ankergren.

In which case we need a new keeper. There should be competition in every position. Ankergren should know that if he loses form he will lose his place, everyone else does.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gus has always said he wants competition for places. In the pre-season he said he didn't need a new keeper. Put those together and the logical assumption is that he sees either Brezovan or poke as competition for Casper for the keeper shirt. Not as an 'in an emergency' option.

9 Goals in 3 games sounds bad, but if they are not all the keeper's fault, is it fair to drop him?

For the record, I think at least two in the leeds game were his fault, while the defence gave palace time and space and they picked out the corners well enough to say he didn't have much chance, I thought his distribution and decision making was really bad in that game, I didn't see the ipswich game, just the highlights and I can't say he had much chance with those goals - again, the defence backing off and giving opposition players time and space to pick out shots. I'm not sure that it's enough to drop him yet. But they should definitely be preparing Brez (particularly working on him playing with the ball at his feet) or Poke for a run if it continues

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In which case we need a new keeper. There should be competition in every position. Ankergren should know that if he loses form he will lose his place, everyone else does.

I wouldnt argue that we should bring in a keeper that would offer competition for the no 1 spot with Ankergren but do not believe that he should take the blame for the entire 9 goals conceeded. I do not think it is healthy to have 4 keepers on the books of which 3 are achieving nothing and not getting near to playing a game.

Last edited:

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I wouldnt argue that we should bring ina keeper that would offer competition for the no 1 spot with Ankergren but doi not believe that he should take the balem for the entire 9 goals conceeded. I do not think it is healthy to have 4 keepers on the books of which 3 are achieving nothing and not getting near to playing a game.

Yes possibly, but we either need to bring in someone to replace Casper, or someone to challenge him, because it doesn't look like Brezovan is doing that.

And of course Casper shouldn't take the blame for the entire 9 goals, but if you are a goalkeeper and you concede 9 goals in 3 games then you should at least think that your place is under threat.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
You KNOW for a fact - better than Gus does - that Brezovan will do better than Ankergren?

No i don`t but he should be given a chance , the reason we have reserve players is so that they can replace those currently not performing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here