Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Black Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well, Britains far left at their finest are going to screw this country for good, currently squashed in a demo at central London.
So how the feck are we going to measure, what has happened if the r goes up again, will it be schools or will it be the brainless sheep led twots that are currently gathering in large crowds?
I said this in another thread and still it to believe very much true.

God help these angry fecked up people, but more importantly God help the people that could get Covid and die from those super spreader idiots.

We are now currently in a oven at 220c, thanks the media left and the sheep that understand nothing but to follow.:nono::nono::nono:

NSC's resident white supremacist racist speaks, once again fabricating his own fantasy narrative to suit his agenda of hate, division and violence.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ok then, point scoring....

Therefore part of the wider problem, and not addressing the sad fact of racism that is prevalent throughout white America.

Black Lives Matter is about equality, they feel their lives are dispensable, irrelevant.... It’s not about them wanting more power, it’s not about them wanting to kill whitey..... it’s about feeling, and being equal....

That is something that is paramount in today’s society, they should be very proud of what they are doing black & white.

I am incredibly proud of my Viking, Germanic, Norman heritage, and yes we were slaves, subdued, and downcast through periods of history by other tribes, Romans, whoever. Every race and creed has been subjected to tyranny of varying degrees, it’s not about point scoring, it’s about a modern fair society.
We have in recent times seen rich white people take advantage of the lower classes, first through the abhorrent slave trade, when that was deemed not acceptable, they moved on to something closer to home, the poor and children working as slaves in the mills and factories.
The working classes have so much in common with Black history and other ethnic people’s throughout the world, and they don’t even know it, many sadly poorly educated, many living in poverty, many prayed upon by criminal elements, many indoctrinated with race or religious hatred.
What I’m trying to say is it’s not the working class or traditional flag waving patriot that are the problem, Many with reason, can see the unfairness of life for everyone and be educated.
It is the rich elite, afraid their power is slipping... White politicians in America realising that in a decade, they won’t get enough votes, because the demographics are changing. Divide & Rule...
Today’s protesters are tomorrow’s voters, change is coming to America

Sorry about the ramble

Well said. Trying to distill this down between an argument of Democrat / Republican, left or right is largely irrelevant to the bigger picture of inherent discrimination of any kind in society. You can see where the problem lies in this very thread - people don't like being told their status quo is potentially wrong from the foundations up. It is too troubling to contemplate. I'm all right Jack, keep your hands off of my stack.

I thought Spike Lee was very interesting on interview yesterday evening, America's history is very young comparatively speaking. Their foundations are built on land grabs and genocide in the first instance, wealth built on imported slavery the next. An incredibly complex relationship with property ownership, immigration, gun ownership, constitutional rights.

Really interested in why anyone would mention the victimisation of white farmers in Zimbabwe perpetrated by a vicious dictatorship who killed thousands of dissidents even prior to the land repatriations. Or is that the very comparison they are making, because if so I can see why as the US President is doing everything possible to look a proper despot.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Minneapolis is a Democrat led city and has been since 1976.

Please fact check the following: The Chief of Police is a Democrat, the Mayor, Governor and Attorney General are Democrats too. George Floyd's death happened under the Democratic authority and at the hands of their police.

It is ironic that the Democrats are now fanning the flames for rioting in the US and globally, when this awful event happened under their own jurisdiction. and that George Floyd is now being used as a mascot for their own political gain in the next election.

Make of this what you will.

Certainly will...

The fact that they are Democrats is indeed a fact. That they are 'fanning the flames for rioting' is a far-right wing based lie, which you yourself are spreading. Noted history-revisionists like yourself will never acknowledge the responsibility of their words and actions, believing that they are fighting their God-given noble cause, when they truth is they are little more than the spreaders of hate, racism and violence.

To blame the Democrats for this when it's an out-of-control lunatic President fanning the flames (see, that's what FACTS look like) is pathetic, moronic and wrong. You really do need to have a look at yourself, you apologist for racist murders.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Certainly will...

The fact that they are Democrats is indeed a fact. That they are 'fanning the flames for rioting' is a far-right wing based lie, which you yourself are spreading. Noted history-revisionists like yourself will never acknowledge the responsibility of their words and actions, believing that they are fighting their God-given noble cause, when they truth is they are little more than the spreaders of hate, racism and violence.

To blame the Democrats for this when it's an out-of-control lunatic President fanning the flames (see, that's what FACTS look like) is pathetic, moronic and wrong. You really do need to have a look at yourself, you apologist for racist murders.

Sorry, but stating that certain Democratic politicians aren't fanning the flames isn't accurate. Go fact check Seattle Major, Massachusetts Attorney General for 2 examples. I have many more. Trump is a lunatic, but he is only one clown in the circus.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Lefties Lives Matter. All Tories Are Vile Scum.

There, I've said it.

Wrong....

I hope that’s tongue in cheek.

If not, that’s rather sad, just because someone votes conservative, it does not make them a vile scum infested person.
That person could be reasoned with, that person could vote for whoever in the next election.
Such a narrow minded and bigoted point of view, that sadly runs parallel with sexism, racism and religious bigotry.

Sadly this world is on a knife edge, for many reasons ethically, ecologically and socially.

I have seen the wrong side of the tracks, and could see through the lies, and came to the conclusion we are all equal.
The only enemy is ourselves through greed, lust and power. Those in the elite positions throughout the world, black, white, Muslim, Christian, Left or Right wing, whatever, want you to be afraid, want you to see differences when there are none, want you to fear, hate....

I keep fecking saying it, divide and rule, and you have fallen for it.

schmunk

VAR is a net positive
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Sorry, but stating that certain Democratic politicians aren't fanning the flames isn't accurate. Go fact check Seattle Major, Massachusetts Attorney General for 2 examples. I have many more. Trump is a lunatic, but he is only one clown in the circus.

It's also important to realise that in many respects even the "Commie" US Democrats are still politically to the right of most UK Tory politicians.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Certainly will...

Well if I have a choice of listening to some white fat arse who lives on the South Coast of the UK, or take note of the two American citizens, in the videos I posted, whose community this affects, it won't be the white fat arse's view that I take seriously.

Anyway we have history. You should get over it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wrong....

I hope that’s tongue in cheek.

If not, that’s rather sad, just because someone votes conservative, it does not make them a vile scum infested person.
That person could be reasoned with, that person could vote for whoever in the next election.
Such a narrow minded and bigoted point of view, that sadly runs parallel with sexism, racism and religious bigotry.

Sadly this world is on a knife edge, for many reasons ethically, ecologically and socially.

I have seen the wrong side of the tracks, and could see through the lies, and came to the conclusion we are all equal.
The only enemy is ourselves through greed, lust and power. Those in the elite positions throughout the world, black, white, Muslim, Christian, Left or Right wing, whatever, want you to be afraid, want you to see differences when there are none, want you to fear, hate....

I keep fecking saying it, divide and rule, and you have fallen for it.

I think you'll find he was being facetious.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Ok then, point scoring....

Therefore part of the wider problem, and not addressing the sad fact of racism that is prevalent throughout white America.

Black Lives Matter is about equality, they feel their lives are dispensable, irrelevant.... It’s not about them wanting more power, it’s not about them wanting to kill whitey..... it’s about feeling, and being equal....

That is something that is paramount in today’s society, they should be very proud of what they are doing black & white.

I am incredibly proud of my Viking, Germanic, Norman heritage, and yes we were slaves, subdued, and downcast through periods of history by other tribes, Romans, whoever. Every race and creed has been subjected to tyranny of varying degrees, it’s not about point scoring, it’s about a modern fair society.
We have in recent times seen rich white people take advantage of the lower classes, first through the abhorrent slave trade, when that was deemed not acceptable, they moved on to something closer to home, the poor and children working as slaves in the mills and factories.
The working classes have so much in common with Black history and other ethnic people’s throughout the world, and they don’t even know it, many sadly poorly educated, many living in poverty, many prayed upon by criminal elements, many indoctrinated with race or religious hatred.
What I’m trying to say is it’s not the working class or traditional flag waving patriot that are the problem, Many with reason, can see the unfairness of life for everyone and be educated.
It is the rich elite, afraid their power is slipping... White politicians in America realising that in a decade, they won’t get enough votes, because the demographics are changing. Divide & Rule...
Today’s protesters are tomorrow’s voters, change is coming to America

Sorry about the ramble

Well I didn't post to point score and change is always coming. It is how the change happens that is important, peaceful or violent? Politically organised riots do not help anyone and I know that a lot of the black community do not subscribe to BLM. The Democrats are still hurting from not winning the election and they are now using the killing of George Floyd for their own political gain and to win the next election.

Floyd's death happened in a Democratic state and it is they who have overseen their police force and tactics for almost 40 years. Slavery is a very sensitive subject and to play on for political gain is insensitive and very dangerous. This is my only point.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So you object to me posting some FACTS, and I am a smug, arrogant contrarian with a massive ego who wants to be different and edgy? Of course a factual truth is irrelevant because of a personal issue and I don't share your narrative?

Am I not allowed to post facts on NSC and opinions of others on NSC ???

The only person proving a lack of integrity is yourself as I have posted nothing offensive, only something interesting and important points missed to understand what is going on.

I found those vlogs interesting, thank you for posting.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Well I didn't post to point score and change is always coming. It is how the change happens that is important, peaceful or violent? Politically organised riots do not help anyone and I know that a lot of the black community do not subscribe to BLM. The Democrats are still hurting from not winning the election and they are now using the killing of George Floyd for their own political gain and to win the next election.

Floyd's death happened in a Democratic state and it is they who have overseen their police force and tactics for almost 40 years. Slavery is a very sensitive subject and to play on for political gain is insensitive and very dangerous. This is my only point.

Trump is doing the same thing, only for his republican god fearing NRA crowd. Posing outside a church, brandishing a Bible that he has never read and utilising strong man tactics is electioneering pure and simple.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well I didn't post to point score.

But...

Floyd's death happened in a Democratic state and it is they who have overseen their police force and tactics for almost 40 years.

And.....

The Democrats are still hurting from not winning the election and they are now using the killing of George Floyd for their own political gain and to win the next election

I am sorry symjym I like your posts as a rule.
But Nah, no point scoring, no bias whatsoever....

For society to change we need to read and tread the middle path....

Not stroll down bollox to everyone who disagrees with me boulevard....

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
20160707_allhousesredux.png

687868.jpg

That would only be applicable if only the ‘one house’ was ‘on fire’.

The statistics just don’t show that. For every 10,000 black people arrested for violent crime, 3 are killed. For every 10,000 white people arrested for violent crime, 4 are killed.

If black people are being disproportionately killed by cops, as we are told, these numbers would be a lot different.

A black professor at Harvard University produced a study which showed no racial bias with police shootings.

However, I will in no way defend the cop. One thing I think everyone agrees on, is that George Floyd did not deserve to die, and the cop absolutely should be held accountable.

This is what I take from ‘All Lives Matter’ Which by the way, includes George Floyd, David Dorn (the retired black cop killed last night) and people of all races.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The statistics just don’t show that. For every 10,000 black people arrested for violent crime, 3 are killed. For every 10,000 white people arrested for violent crime, 4 are killed.

If black people are being disproportionately killed by cops, as we are told, these numbers would be a lot different.

That to me is a completely irrelevant statistic, it basically says to me that about 0.03-0.04% of Americans who are arrested for a VIOLENT crime are killed.

What about for NON-violent crimes, which constitute by the far the most arrests in any society?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Is the BLM movement advocating the destruction of businesses, property and livelihoods? I've not read or seen that. I suppose for you any actions that run in parallel with protests are the responsibility of the protest? So basically any protest could be rendered a load of hypocrisy, faux piety by simply abstracting whichever events suit your agenda from it.

I guess the biggest faux piety I have seen so far is a President tear gassing a peaceful demonstration, that included religious representatives, so as you can make your way to the front of a church to hold a bible.

"which do you prefer, old or new testament?" "I like them both equally". :hilton:

I expect the BLM advocates to be just as outraged at the loss of Black American owned businesses and livelihoods as a direct consequence of these protests, in exactly the same way they are outraged at the loss of black lives as a consequence of violent murder.

On balance, the question to be answered is....are those that are responsible for burning and looting black American owned businesses, and the businesses that black Americans worked in, the same group as those responsible for the majority of violent murders of black Americans.

That does not excuse the actions of a violent white cop or Trump for that matter. Worthy protests do not have to descend into looting and violence, in this case had BLM really mattered it would have only involved violence directed to the oppressors. But it wasn’t, and it wasn’t on a mass scale.

Anybody not understanding this dynamic or prepared to call it out really doesn’t care about how the lives of thousands of law abiding hard working black Americans have been damaged by the protests. Instead they are continually fanning the flames of division by shitting out the same vague meaningless mantra......#BLM.

Perspective is everything.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I expect the BLM advocates to be just as outraged at the loss of Black American owned businesses and livelihoods as a direct consequence of these protests, in exactly the same way they are outraged at the loss of black lives as a consequence of violent murder.

On balance, the question to be answered is....are those that are responsible for burning and looting black American owned businesses, and the businesses that black Americans worked in, the same group as those responsible for the majority of violent murders of black Americans.

That does not excuse the actions of a violent white cop or Trump for that matter. Worthy protests do not have to descend into looting and violence, in this case had BLM really mattered it would have only involved violence directed to the oppressors. But it wasn’t, and it wasn’t on a mass scale.

Anybody not understanding this dynamic or prepared to call it out really doesn’t care about how the lives of thousands of law abiding hard working black Americans have been damaged by the protests. Instead they are continually fanning the flames of division by shitting out the same vague meaningless mantra......#BLM.

Perspective is everything.

Well, a perspective could be that protests are often hijacked by those looking for trouble, or those looking to take advantage much like the government offering a furlough or relaxed universal credit system that is exploited by criminals. You don't seem to have given any perspective to the thought that violence and looting has nothing to do with protests, and are criminal acts of those inclined to do so if the opportunity presents itself.

Worthy protests often can descend into chaos and violence because there is no control over who joins them, what groups piggy back on them, or how the police react to them. Are not most leading figures calling for peaceful protest? Your perspective is that BLM want damage to property and are encouraging it. What is the basis for this perspective and narrative? Sounds a lot like how Thatcher used to try to rationalise the treatment of the miners to those that would swallow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here