Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Caviar

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I'd suggest Frankel would struggle at 6f in Australia against her :)

Totally agree. I would imagine that she wouldn't see the mile out and therefore, alas, they will never meet. Unless someone decides to mate them. Their offspring would be tres cher!

Glad she won today and the jockey was very honest in admitting that he very nearly got it wrong.

TNBA

TTF

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Whilst i disagree with TB on the pedigreeof the horse, he's clearly right to say that you cannot compare the two. It would be like Usain Bolt (ok Dwayne Chambers - clearly the best in his own back yard) versus Seb Coe in his prime

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
She's a sprinter, he's a middle distance horse, why compare the two?

So your telling me frankel would not do 6f and black caviar would not get an extra 1f/2f come off it that was never a sprint. And black caviar has won over 7f so why not compare the 2????

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jockey admitted it was his mistake not the horse. As he said his mistake did slightly overshadow the first run here of black caviar.
They brought her over to prove a point, alas they haven't really. The jockey looked so strung out before the race, I said to the wife if anything beats this horse today it'll be him. I don't think we'll see her at Ascot again.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
They brought her over to prove a point, alas they haven't really. The jockey looked so strung out before the race, I said to the wife if anything beats this horse today it'll be him. I don't think we'll see her at Ascot again.

Correct, first and last time she wins here.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So your telling me frankel would not do 6f and black caviar would not get an extra 1f/2f come off it that was never a sprint. And black caviar has won over 7f so why not compare the 2????

Have you not seen her build?

She's a tank of a mare. She weights close to 575kgs.

At the speeds she can run while carrying that weight there's little point stepping her up to longer distances because she's not built to go further than what she's racing now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

I wouldn't be surprised to see her race here again this season. You know what the Aussies are like. Yes the horse won and got the job done but you just got to look at their faces to know they are a little bit pissed off that she didn't set the place alight. Aussies are cocky bastards by nature, they will want too put the record straight. Although the horse has nothing to prove really.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
TBH, saw her race in Adelaide for her 20th and there is no way that was a fair reflection. Soft ground made it harder for her along with a jockey who is unused to the conditions. There are some top horses down here, and you dont get 'good' horses winning 22 on the bounce.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
4/6 on the double with frankel. Thanks betfred. A bit concerned the girl needed a calculator to check the bet though. £120 at 4/6 really should not be difficult for a betting clark to work out.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Totally this

Anyone with a modicum of racing knowledge knows that the form is suspect if a blanket covers the field

Really?

I've known horse form for 25+ years and top form comes from races with blanket finishes all the time. So I couldn't disagree with you more.

Form from races where one horse streets the rest is often misleading especially if those behind the winner are exposed for being average animals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here