Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bissouma (Gone to Spurs 17/06/2022)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Agree . . . . If we're on course for Europe he may even stay/resign. . . . .

Listening to Johnny Cantor a week or so ago, it does seem unlikely. Bissouma has his eyes set on a top European club that's playing in the Champions League (none of this Arsenal nonsense). If Monaco want to spend some of the Tchouaméni dough on Bissouma and he can potentially help Monaco get through Champions League qualifying, then going back to France may be ideal.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Listening to Johnny Cantor a week or so ago, it does seem unlikely. Bissouma has his eyes set on a top European club that's playing in the Champions League (none of this Arsenal nonsense). If Monaco want to spend some of the Tchouaméni dough on Bissouma and he can potentially help Monaco get through Champions League qualifying, then going back to France may be ideal.

I'd wish him well if he did, who wouldn't want to be earning a years salary a week or more and live in Monaco.

If he goes to some of our PL rivals as has been suggested, he can do one.:lolol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'd wish him well if he did, who wouldn't want to be earning a years salary a week or more and live in Monaco.

If he goes to some of our PL rivals as has been suggested, he can do one.:lolol:

Haha. Agree 100%. Nothing would depress me more that seeing Biss leave us to then rock up at Villa on big money.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Arsenal and CL, in the same sentence :shootself :lolol:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
A tweet from Andy Naylor this morning says ''It's not so much a case of if Yves Bissouma leaves this summer as when and where. Latest information I have is a lot of interest but nothing definitive.''

Being sure he'll leave but no definitive offers seems contradictory doesn't it?

Although saying that im pretty sure he will leave this summer too.

Actually think that’s quite informative for once. Instead of telling us a player’s been sold / is signing after it’s happened which is his usual approach.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So once ACON finishes that should see Bissouma out and Camara in not long there after.

Camara looks the part doesn’t he!

I read that Bissouma missed a third of our games last season but only 1 (one) win. Put simply, we found it almost impossible to win without him last season. We must grab a like-for-like replacement and Camara fits the description.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Camara looks the part doesn’t he!

I read that Bissouma missed a third of our games last season but only 1 (one) win. Put simply, we found it almost impossible to win without him last season. We must grab a like-for-like replacement and Camara fits the description.
So the arrivals of Caicedo, Mwepu, Mac Allister and Moder - plus possibly Kozlowski to come in, Alzate, Gross and Lallana also available - aren't any sort of progression planning for life after Bissouma then? Looks to me that we don't automatically have to go out and buy - we've already done it!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Love all the Villa fans on Twitter saying they didn't want him anyway now.

Yep i saw that. :D

100% Villa have been told if he's leaving us it won't be to sign for them, and now they act like they never even wanted him. Even though Gerrard was quoted earlier in the year about them bidding for him.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Anybody for a meltdown about his leg or the translation, whatever it says?

[TWEET]1534967472587165704[/TWEET]

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Love all the Villa fans on Twitter saying they didn't want him anyway now.
Exactly as they did when Maupay came here - they were convinced that he would follow Dean Smith from Brentford.

When he didn't, they'd never wanted him in the first place.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Anybody for a meltdown about his leg or the translation, whatever it says?

[TWEET]1534967472587165704[/TWEET]

It’s mainly saying what a pleasure it was to play for Mali. It also looks like he needs another scan before the full extent of the injury is known.

7D2616F7-7354-4A6B-B0F0-172D857E5136.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here