Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Beterbiev v Bivol plus the return of Eubank Jr

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sure he is there for now, but so many of his fighters have been beaten of late, who is he going to promote?
Jai Opetaia is world class, Buatsi is useful. Who am I missing?

For all the world it looked like Warren was sitting very comfortably at the top table on Saturday, watching Bivol take another loss for Matchroom. The thing is I don't think any of these guys owe matchroom anything (maybe Buatsi).
But do they all run the risk that when the Sheik learns the business and can effectively deal with all the fighters direct, will he need a promoter, be it Frank, Eddie or even little Ben Shalom?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
But do they all run the risk that when the Sheik learns the business and can effectively deal with all the fighters direct, will he need a promoter, be it Frank, Eddie or even little Ben Shalom?
Why would they want the hassle? It sounds like far too much hard work.

You pay the big bucks for the unifying bouts, so that one fighter holds all four world titles. His or her next fight is for the unified Saudi world super title.

The guys who should be worrying here are the WBA, WBC, IBF and IBA grandees who are going to be shaken out along with all their politics. I am not saying what is coming is better, or for that matter worse, but things are going to be different.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Sure he is there for now, but so many of his fighters have been beaten of late, who is he going to promote?
Jai Opetaia is world class, Buatsi is useful. Who am I missing?

For all the world it looked like Warren was sitting very comfortably at the top table on Saturday, watching Bivol take another loss for Matchroom. The thing is I don't think any of these guys owe matchroom anything (maybe Buatsi).

Jared ‘boots’ Ennis
Shakur Stevenson
Jessie Rodrigues
Bivol will get his shot again.

Those are 4 of the best pound for pound fighters in the world!

I don’t think Buatsi is under Matchroom anymore.

Last edited:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Jared ‘boots’ Ennis
Shakur Stevenson
Jessie Rodrigues
Bivol will get his shot again.

Those are 4 of the best pound for pound fighters in the world!

I don’t think Buatsi is under Matchroom anymore.
Where do you put Usyk and Dubois in the P4P list?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here